Thread: Tune Repository

Tuner in Training

Angry Tune Repository

Any idea why it appears only stock tune files are now available in the repository? What happened???!!!

Hello,
    Due to a recent HP Tuners policy change, going forward the Tune Repository will only be used to store stock vehicle files.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our support team!

Advanced Tuner
    Understandable with the recent EPA crack downs and not having tunes publicly posted that possibly tamper with emissions equipment etc.

Eddie, follow up question. When we will be able to UPLOAD stock tunes to the repository again?

Potential Tuner
    Wow, this is frustrating, I just joined HP Tuners and not even located in the US.

Yes very frustrating indeed. I live in Denmark and are not hit by EPA.
    I was just looking for a specific tune made by some guy with a similar build like mine. But now the file is gone :-(

HPTuners >> Are you able to make the custom tunes available for people living outside of the US ?

Tuner in Training
    How accurate are the files in the Tune Repository? Can the stock values have been changed before it was posted? Newb, and was just wondering.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by custodian View Post
    How accurate are the files in the Tune Repository? Can the stock values have been changed before it was posted? Newb, and was just wondering.
    Unfortunately yes, I did the vast majority of the approvals and they were kind of all over the place, I checked each file to see if there were any modifications done in the history but thats really all that can be checked without doing a bunch more legwork. Its just one of the reasons we advise against licensing them and using them because you really don't know their history.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Unfortunately yes, I did the vast majority of the approvals and they were kind of all over the place, I checked each file to see if there were any modifications done in the history but thats really all that can be checked without doing a bunch more legwork. Its just one of the reasons we advise against licensing them and using them because you really don't know their history.
    Thanks. I was just wanting to see a computers stock file values. So, if I just "read" a stock computer, I should see what values that computer has? I have two computers, one I sent to have set for my LS swap in a 73 C10, and the other is from a 2002 2500HD Silverado with the 6.0/4l80e.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by custodian View Post
    Thanks. I was just wanting to see a computers stock file values. So, if I just "read" a stock computer, I should see what values that computer has? I have two computers, one I sent to have set for my LS swap in a 73 C10, and the other is from a 2002 2500HD Silverado with the 6.0/4l80e.
    correct

Tuner in Training
    correct
    Thanks. Trying to learn as much as possible before I do any tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    correct
    Hey Bill, how about those tunes that have CARB approval (such as some Vortech or Whipple kits) or those from new Roush Mustangs and so on.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    Hey Bill, how about those tunes that have CARB approval (such as some Vortech or Whipple kits) or those from new Roush Mustangs and so on.
    What about them?

That kinda sucks, But I completely understand. I never used them for my own vehicle. And even though the EPA may be a small part of the reason they were removed from the repository. IMO EPA is WAY Over reaching. And with their current bill they've been trying to ram through makes my blood boil. I work in Professional Motorsports (IMSA) And to say a Production Car can not be turned or modified into a race car even if towed to the track would be the death of Motorsports. Not to mention going after Aftermarket Parts Manufactures because they cant guarantee what the end user will do with their product is completely insane. I don't see the FDA going after Pharmaceutical companies because people are selling their prescription drugs on the street. I mean they cant guarantee what the end user is doing with the that product, so go harass them as well. Car Enthusiasts, Motorcyclist and Motorsports account for less then 1% of the worlds pollution. And yet here we are with a bunch of uptight suits trying to bully the industry.

What about them?
    What about putting those back up? They're epa approved so what's the harm?

For instance, I have a d1sc that is about to go in our AWD Denali and would like to have a tune file from a FI MFR to compare to my current tune so I don't grenade it or leave power on the table. Epa approval is a bonus I suppose. I can't and won't be the only person making the move to FI who's only tuned NA and uses the repository as the resource it used to be, so I can use my interface and software to the full potential it was sold.

If you'd like a tune from an FI MFR, you'll need to contact them directly.

Third party tunes are not allowed on the tune repository.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner

writing my tune

i made a copy of my stock tune on DVD before tuning later i tried to write i back to the same car and could not says

unlicensed is this not allowed?