Thread: Looking for Fuel Injector Clinic feedback

Potential Tuner

Looking for Fuel Injector Clinic feedback

How accurate is there data and are there any drawbacks vs using ID's
    TY for the help

I used fuel injector clinics cheapest injector (55lb/hr?) And they also gave me a student discount.

Cons first
    #1The injector clips , I must have gotten a bad batch or something. half of them only intermittently made contact half of the time. So I'd be driving down the road, and suddenly misfire misfire misfire, get out of the car pop the hood and push down the injector and fixed for a while.

A new set of injector plugs/clips fixed it. No issues since getting new plugs. To find the bad ones, simply continuity test from the ECU through the injector back to power, while wiggling them clips. I recommend you do this to all new setups anyways.

#2 For the ls-1 intake the injectors used some kind of extension to make them longer. They seem flimsy when handled. They are fine when left alone, its been trouble free for 30,000 miles since installation. But, during installation, I noticed that if you apply any pressure from the side, the injector would start leaking and spraying fuel from between the extension.

Pros
    They work great, seem very consistent. The data they provide seems well enough to do. The owner was willing to work with me through all my issues even though the company is huge and sells wayyy more to bigger buyers, I still feel that I got the attention I needed as a single buyer. They also let me buy a single injector as a spare just in case.

Final thoughts
    FIC is very expensive compared to other reasonable injectors such as SEP (snake eater performance). My next set is going to be some 1500cc units from SEP because I like their price and I've tuned a few cars using SEP without any issue.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kingtal0n View Post
    I used fuel injector clinics cheapest injector (55lb/hr?) And they also gave me a student discount.

Cons first
    #1The injector clips , I must have gotten a bad batch or something. half of them only intermittently made contact half of the time. So I'd be driving down the road, and suddenly misfire misfire misfire, get out of the car pop the hood and push down the injector and fixed for a while.

A new set of injector plugs/clips fixed it. No issues since getting new plugs. To find the bad ones, simply continuity test from the ECU through the injector back to power, while wiggling them clips. I recommend you do this to all new setups anyways.

#2 For the ls-1 intake the injectors used some kind of extension to make them longer. They seem flimsy when handled. They are fine when left alone, its been trouble free for 30,000 miles since installation. But, during installation, I noticed that if you apply any pressure from the side, the injector would start leaking and spraying fuel from between the extension.

Pros
    They work great, seem very consistent. The data they provide seems well enough to do. The owner was willing to work with me through all my issues even though the company is huge and sells wayyy more to bigger buyers, I still feel that I got the attention I needed as a single buyer. They also let me buy a single injector as a spare just in case.

Final thoughts
    FIC is very expensive compared to other reasonable injectors such as SEP (snake eater performance). My next set is going to be some 1500cc units from SEP because I like their price and I've tuned a few cars using SEP without any issue.
    Ty for your feedback!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pax13gt View Post
    Ty for your feedback!
    I just used their data for my 210s. truck runs better than the original tune from when i bought it