Thread: M6 Challenger SRT8 Eforce supercharged tune. What am i missing?

Tuner in Training

M6 6.1 Challenger SRT8 Eforce supercharged tune. What am i missing?

I came upon this car at a local dealership a few years ago, when searching for a SRT8. After looking the car over, I noticed it had an Edelbrock eforce blower on it, longtubes and MBRP exhaust. A little hesitant with buying a modded car at first, but it was selling for about the same as stock cars in the area, if not cheaper. I thought, lets give it a test drive and see what its about, surprisingly it drove great, smooth and had great power. Signed the deal and took the car home. Fast forward a few months later I bought the diablosport T2, everything was fine until updating the t2 and plugging it back into the car, I hit the OK button when I shouldn't have, it ERASED the tune, from then on the car would not start.

I ended up contacting a known hemi tuner to get me back up and running, and that he did, but the car didnt have the power as it did before. A few revisions later and I think it was good as it was going to get, as I didn't have a wideband and even if I did, I had no way of logging it with the T2.
    After bitching and moaning to the wife on how I wanted to switch to HPtuners and learn to tune this thing myself, Christmas morning she put the mpvi2 in my hands. Im not sure if all the data in the tune is correct such as injector data, as far I know the injectors are what came in the eforce kit, I believe they are siemens deka 46lb injectors(srt4). So here I am, a few months of the wife and I datalogging and making changes these are some of the issues I'm having.

Car seems weak.

Cold starts, when backing out of the garage, it wants die, RPMs will drop really low after I give it throttle and then climb back up.

Holding the RPM steady at 1500 in neutral I get some surging.

WOT pulls sometimes feels as if the power isnt linear, will feel the car pick up power, go flat and pick up power again, it happens very quick and can probably only be noticed if you were driving.

WOT fueling seems to be all over the place, some pulls its where i want it, sometimes its rich(10afr) and sometimes its a bit lean(12afr)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ransom21; 03-17-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom21 View Post
    I came upon this car at a local dealership a few years ago, when searching for a SRT8. After looking the car over, I noticed it had an Edelbrock eforce blower on it, longtubes and MBRP exhaust. A little hesitant with buying a modded car at first, but it was selling for about the same as stock cars in the area, if not cheaper. I thought, lets give it a test drive and see what its about, surprisingly it drove great, smooth and had great power. Signed the deal and took the car home. Fast forward a few months later I bought the diablosport T2, everything was fine until updating the t2 and plugging it back into the car, I hit the OK button when I shouldn't have, it ERASED the tune, from then on the car would not start.

I ended up contacting a known hemi tuner to get me back up and running, and that he did, but the car didnt have the power as it did before. A few revisions later and I think it was good as it was going to get, as I didn't have a wideband and even if I did, I had no way of logging it with the T2.
    After bitching and moaning to the wife on how I wanted to switch to HPtuners and learn to tune this thing myself, Christmas morning she put the mpvi2 in my hands. Im not sure if all the data in the tune is correct such as injector data, as far I know the injectors are what came in the eforce kit, I believe they are siemens deka 46lb injectors(srt4). So here I am, a few months of the wife and I datalogging and making changes these are some of the issues I'm having.

Car seems weak.

Cold starts, when backing out of the garage, it wants die, RPMs will drop really low after I give it throttle and then climb back up.

Holding the RPM steady at 1500 in neutral I get some surging.

WOT pulls sometimes feels as if the power isnt linear, will feel the car pick up power, go flat and pick up power again, it happens very quick and can probably only be noticed if you were driving.

WOT fueling seems to be all over the place, some pulls its where i want it, sometimes its rich(10afr) and sometimes its a bit lean(12afr)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    compare this. Pretty sure it's the factory tune sent from Edelbrock. They suck though, conservative tune.

Takes a lot of fiddling to get the power linear.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ht=BOOST+SURGE

Other option would be to find last owner.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by coanan; 03-17-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

I would try to find which injectors you have so you can properly scale them. It's going to be a constant hunt without the injectors scaled properly.

Do you have a wide band now?

Couple of things I see right away:
    I do see your VE 1 and 2 are not the same those should be.
    you should sync up the numbers between the Throttle body Model and the Small & Large Range tables
    Not sure about the power enrichment table set the same across the board
    FA incr looks really high
    Pratio in enrichment looks off
    looking at the idle tables there seems to be settings for an after market cam. is that the case?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by coanan View Post
    compare this. Pretty sure it's the factory tune sent from Edelbrock. They suck though, conservative tune.

Takes a lot of fiddling to get the power linear.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ht=BOOST+SURGE

Other option would be to find last owner.
    I looked at the tune, can see alot of differences but i think that is for a 5.7. I have a 6.1 so im not sure what should be what.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by McCloud View Post
    I would try to find which injectors you have so you can properly scale them. It's going to be a constant hunt without the injectors scaled properly.

Do you have a wide band now?

Couple of things I see right away:
    I do see your VE 1 and 2 are not the same those should be.
    you should sync up the numbers between the Throttle body Model and the Small & Large Range tables
    Not sure about the power enrichment table set the same across the board
    FA incr looks really high
    Pratio in enrichment looks off
    looking at the idle tables there seems to be settings for an after market cam. is that the case?
    Yes, i have an AEM wideband now.

VE 2 is disabled so that i can manage each bank independently.

Throttle body tables are inverse of each other from what I can see.

FA increase was set by the previous tuner, I will decrease it some.

PE Aircharge and Pratio I have set the same, as I am not sure which table is being used.

What idle tables are you referring to that imply an aftermarket cam? I'm not sure if the previous owner installed one. My idle is a bit lumpy but doesnt chop. I have noticed that timing roams around quite a bit at idle.

Tuner in Training
    Bumping this up to see if anyone else could throw some knowledge my way.