Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to take a look at my tune

Tuner in Training

Anyone want to take a look at my tune

I have had 2 people try and tune this thing..It is a 2010 rt with a 6.4 swap comp cams hrt 2 cam, phase limiter, 95 mm throttle body, mds delete. hellcat injectors.. Cold Start like crap and has some surging and throws some cam slow response code and another one i will post the codes also. So if you care to take a look any help would be grateful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cold start like crap what? Backfire, surge, stalls, ??? what does it do exactly ?

Tuner in Training
    cold start I have to work the pedal for about a minute after that it starts just fine. it surges at idle but sometimes idles just fine. as far as the cam codes I read it can be from the phase limiter. I am running 0-40 conventional with break in additive.

The idle issues can be fixed with proper tuning, but you may want to get the bcm reflashed.

I do remote tuning for setups like this but I charge. Either way I'll go over your file and throw some 2 cents your way shortly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by luciddeath View Post
    The idle issues can be fixed with proper tuning, but you may want to get the bcm reflashed.

I do remote tuning for setups like this but I charge. Either way I'll go over your file and throw some 2 cents your way shortly.

Shoot me a PM when you get a chance to look at it.Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by challyrob View Post
    cold start I have to work the pedal for about a minute after that it starts just fine.
    The log you supplied however does not seem to show these issues. Looks like its started ok bar some idle surge. Definitely no pedal movement during or after start up (accelerator pedal voltage remains at 0V).

Fuel trims are quite high directly after start up which most likely indicates a very lean condition during start up, before the O2's can correct for it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    The log you supplied however does not seem to show these issues. Looks like its started ok bar some idle surge. Definitely no pedal movement during or after start up (accelerator pedal voltage remains at 0V).

Fuel trims are quite high directly after start up which most likely indicates a very lean condition during start up, before the O2's can correct for it.
    That log was not the 1st start of the day. I will have to get a log of a 1st start. That log was for the cam codes. This thing will just surge out of no where in park at idle. seems like more so in park. when I drive it , it seems fine. Also if i tap the throttle in park in goes all the way around 2500 3k and set there for a second. The IAT seem to get hot also, would that cause a surging idle?

Tuner
    Will be following this with interest, since I am in the learning stage. Just hope you get some meaningful comments.
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

Need to probably adjust you Startup Inj PW - Startup Base. It seems a bit rich for startup. I do not know what they need to be, but currently tuning a 8-PSI 07 Charger and startup injector pulse width isn't as near as "high".

I have a 426 PVS 2300 8lbs boost, Here is my start up
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ Bingo, looks similar to the 8 PSI 5.7 Charger I'm tuning. Just didn't know if my tables would be relevant since its a ProCharger blower vs Hellcat blower

Your startup looks clean. I wouldn't mess with your startup fuel Inj PW table for now.

At that startup ECT and above, you're not commanding any additional fuel in your FA Cold Enrich Table, so you're running extremely lean just after startup until your fuel trims kick in and start sending more fuel. You can tune the FA Cold Enrich table by logging wide band AFR % error vs. ECT and Engine Run Time in seconds. Create a table in your Scanner and copy the axis labels from your tune, but instead of "airmass," use Engine Run Time in seconds. The FA Cold Enrich Table is best tuned after your VE tables are squared away, but you need to get some fuel in there now. Here's what my table looked like just before I figured out how to tune it (my startups were a little rich at those values, but the engine wasn't trying to remove itself from the car anymore...).

FA Cold Enrich.png

Your VE table also looks like it needs to be increased over most of your bottom end (the VE tables will also affect your startup fueling). Here are a couple of log tables; load them into your scanner to see. Take the fuel trim errors and do a paste special -> add to your VE tables. Take more data, lather-rinse-repeat to get your VE tables / base fueling in better shape.

B1 LTFT + STFT.Table.xml
    B2 LTFT + STFT.Table.xml
    Last edited by rockystock; 03-25-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Can you post a picture of the graph layout for the cold start tuning. I'm having a hard time getting mine to smooth out. I have a 14 5.7 ram with 6.4 manifold and injectors. I'm running extremely lean 1.6 lambda

Quote Originally Posted by jeepingsteve View Post
    Can you post a picture of the graph layout for the cold start tuning. I'm having a hard time getting mine to smooth out. I have a 14 5.7 ram with 6.4 manifold and injectors. I'm running extremely lean 1.6 lambda
    Post a log and tune file and let's see what's going on.

Did you update your injector tables and manifold scalar to match stock 6.4?

Are you also using a stock 6.4 throttle body?

Is the exhaust stock 5.7 Ram?

Tuner in Training
    Injectors are dialed in. Still working on the ve. Stock engine, stock y-pipe cats removed flowmaster outlaw exhaust. I'll post a tune file. I do not have a start up log. I have an aem wideband sensor installed on bank 1.

Tuner in Training
    I'll get a cold start log then

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    i do have a factory tune file for a 2500 6.4 i was going to try the cold fa cold enrichment table. after a few seconds of running wideband does smooth out to about 1 lambda at idle. this morning was about 62 degrees out and my wideband pegged over 2 lambda
    Last edited by jeepingsteve; 06-26-2023 at 10:22 AM.

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    try adjusting the cam tables to see if the cam codes go away