Thread: 2008 Jeep JK - Stock Tune log file

Tuner in Training

2008 Jeep JK - Stock Tune log file

Folks -

I've been using the VCM scanner software for several days now and am starting to get comfortable setting up the scanning/logging of different parameters on my Jeep. I have attached a couple of log files from this morning for regular, closed loop operation with the stock tune. I did two WOT pulls starting at about 5 min into log 1 and a single WOT at 7.5min in log 2. The rest is just normal driving. I'm running 93 octane pump gas. Outside temp is ~42 deg F. Some of the things that I notice:

1: STFT are largely in the red.
    2. The O2 sensors top out at around 850mV. These are narrow band 0 -1V sensors.
    3. The total knock retard histogram reads 0 across the board for log 1 and 2 (except a few cells in log 2 when it shifted gears).
    4. The knock sensor reads as much as 1.5V. So assuming that the sensor reads is 0-5V, this would agree with the KR histogram that there's really no knock.

Questions regarding:

1Q: Thoughts as why the STFT are mostly red? Could be due to outside air temp?? MAP reading off??
    2Q: Is 850mV ok or should these be closer to 1V?
    3Q: Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the knock is 0 and voltage is only 1.5V at most, I should be able to add more fuel and spark to increase power/torque.

For reference I have the tune also attached.

Thanks for any input.

2008JKURv01.hpt

2008JKURv01_log1.hpl

2008JKURv01_log2.hpl
    Last edited by thomasjones; 03-20-2021 at 03:00 PM.