Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fiesta 1.0T not enriching at WOT

Advanced Tuner
    I probably wouldn't worry too much about hurting it, it's not knocking and you're not tripping any excessive heat limits... Though *I* would trim back the LSPI load limits and put back a few others, just to keep it more "factory" safe.

The only thing that looks out of place to me is OP Enrichment Requirement (ECM 44422) is disabled, it's enabled on all my 2.3L Ecoboost files (Ranger, Mustang, and Focus RS), I don't have any other 3 cylinder examples though.
    It is disabled in the V6 applications, but those tend to do things differently for some reason.

Tuner in Training
    [ECM] 44422 - Optimum Power Enrichment Requirement: Switch that allows the requirement for fuel enrichment to enter Optimum Power mode to be ignored
    Well that's not a confusing description at all

If it does what I think it might it could be my answer. If by "disabled" it means that something can ignore OP Enrichment mode that could explain it going to stoich at 4200rpm? If so I'll set it to "Enabled" and then it won't kick me out of power enrichment?

I don't want to blast my neighbors with the open downpipe at 9:30pm but I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Good point about the LSPI stuff, I was throwing stuff at the wall at that point hoping it would do something
    Last edited by steve.gredell; 03-23-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Never mind, more searching leads me to think it doesn't do what I think it does. I should probably leave it disabled.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post557691

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting.

So, with everything fully as factory, did it still not go into power enrichment?
    I mean it's only a 1L 3 cylinder, but as you said, stoich at 20psi isn't good for longevity and I find it odd that it would be like that from Ford...

Tuner in Training
    Ok the mobile site is fully broken @HPTuners, I can't edit a post without deleting it lol!

I haven't logged the full parameters from a fully stick tune, I will do that today and post it as well, that's a good idea.

From other threads I've read and from the stock pedal enrichment table, I think the stick strategy is stoich until 5000+ rpm

Its torque control according to your log. Disable shuffle switch and relog.