Thread: MPVI2 scanner setting up AFR readings

Potential Tuner

MPVI2 scanner setting up AFR readings

What's up guys. new to HP Tuner. just purchased all the equipment to start tuning my 2013 CTSV. I did a small
    log and noticed the AFR'S are not reading. any help with what i need to do to get this to log would be greatly
    appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have a wideband oxygen sensor?

GM cars like this don't have wideband sensors that read in AFR or lambda, they are narrowband sensors.

That log is showing that the o2 sensors are working and you are logging the commanded EQ ratio, so all of that is working like it should. You can change the values of the EQ ratio to read in AFR if you really want by right clicking the channel and changing the units. But again that is just a commanded value and not a real value that is seen in the exhaust, a wideband oxygen sensor is needed for that.

Also that log is missing things like knock retard, burst knock, injector pulse width avg for both banks and cylinder airmass. All those things are good to log.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    hey appreciate the advice. can you give me a run down on how to add those channels and what measurements to put in for them so they ready correctly?
    thanks for the help