Thread: Cammed 392 Twin Turbo Pulling Timing WOT

Tuner in Training

Cammed 392 Twin Turbo Pulling Timing WOT

Hello Everyone!

I just want to give a shout out to all the people who have put real information out for people to share, discuss, and learn from. (HemiTuna and 06300cSRT8 for example)

So I have been tuning my car via speed density and trying to tune for 14psi. Couple of questions.
    1 - I noticed that it is pulling timing at WOT and I do not know what table it could be following to get from 14 down to only 3 degrees at WOT.
    2 - I noticed my VE tables at 14psi (260ish mg/s) gets up over 300% Should I adjust my fuel injector tables so above 128mg/s to give more fuel per pulse? Would that lower my VE % in that area?
    3 - LASTLY - MAX VE Limit.. Do I need to raise this value to over 300 to match what I am seeing in my VE Tables? It was set at 180 because I read that on a post before but think that was for NA.VEBoostTableChanges.hpt tt2.hpl tt1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    You need more fuel system.....130% duty cycle and 25ms could be a record, I have never seen em that high lol...
    Get up over 100% DC and it will pull timing.
    You are getting plenty of pulse width but still not enough fuel so is either pump/s, lack of pressure or injectors too small.
    Once you have the fuel supply sorted out, do you have a boost referenced return fuel system? If you do table 34078 (fuel mass vs pressure difference) needs to be all zeros,
    or if you still have a returnless system, that table needs to be scaled for boost to keep the VE table sane.

Tuner in Training

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    You need more fuel system.....130% duty cycle and 25ms could be a record, I have never seen em that high lol...
    You are getting plenty of pulse width but still not enough fuel so is either pump/s, lack of pressure or injectors too small.
    Once you have the fuel supply sorted out, do you have a boost referenced return fuel system? If you do table 34078 (fuel mass vs pressure difference) needs to be all zeros,
    or if you still have a returnless system, that table needs to be scaled for boost to keep the VE table sane.
    Thank YOU! I have been tuning my car based on a lot of your posts! lol

I was trying to see my duty cycle (I must have overlooked it) What you say makes perfect sense. I am on my stock returnless system. I FORGOT I was going to run a boost a pump when I turned the boost up. (Got too antsy)

I am running Fuel Injector Clinic 1000cc I will take a look at that table 34078 in the mean time to see if I can get away with 10+ psi

Thank you again Sir.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post

Capture.JPG so looking at this table. If I am correct. I would need to scale this to read the PR that I am getting and make those numbers GREATER than 1.0 Assuming 1.0 = 0kpa and 100kpa would be "vacuum" under normal conditions.. Then Under boost I would need to treat it like 0kpa is 14psi atmospheric pressure so ABOVE atm pressure I would need to increase the value over what is at the 0kpa level.. right? lol

Hemituna, thanks for all of the knowledge you share on this platform..... I'm nearly complete with my 392 twin turbo build, and I plan on using most of the information you've put out here.