Thread: T42 and Tow/Haul

T42 and Tow/Haul

Are there any applications that used a T42 and a hardwired Tow/Haul (or 'performance', or whatever) switch, or were they only ever done via Class2 data from the BCM?

This may be more hinderance than help as I've never come across a file as yet (only ever tuned M6 variants of 06 VZ 6.0s), but Holden in Aus did a limited run of E38/T42 4L65Es in their final run of 2006 VZ Commodores using L76/L98 6.0s. I don't have schematics, but based on the 2005 VZ Commodore LS1 P59 4L60 running a Tow/Haul switch, there's a chance. Like I said, I am reticent to post this because I have absolutely no evidence and may just send you wasting time searching, but it might be of use. I am of low confidence, but just in case.

There were lots of different platforms that used T42 and Tow/Haul, it's just that they all used a pin at the BCM for the input.

screenshot.23-03-2021 06.08.19.png

Problem with that is I have a platform that never offered a Tow/Haul switch at all, therefore the pin (and code) in the BCM to send the serial data request doesn't exist. I don't really NEED it, I'm just curious.