Thread: 2019 hellcat stand alone logging will be a problem?

Tuner in Training

2019 hellcat stand alone logging will be a problem?

I am assuming since I have to have a internet connection to log most parameters in my 19 hc red eye that setting up a standalone file for these later cars will be nothing but a headache, It took me asking what felt like a stupid question a few months before a engineer was asked and said because of security PC internet connection is required at all times to not drop pids.

Clarification for anyone who may not be aware of newer dodge require internet connection at all times for logging 18 up HC i believe, If this will log without computer or internet please let me know, I do own the pro mpvi2!

Thanks

I think it will but you have to use beta and resync, Mine was intermittent but it did work, Start trigger worked fine, just didn't stop everytime.

Tuner in Training
    This may be obvious and I am just thick headed but it was not obvious to me at the time, so maybe this post will help someone. I would leave for a cruise have data log setup and working then have pids dropping out every time, or at the track it would not work. Turns out it was not me, my laptop,beta updates, connection cable, etc. It is a requirement these cars need a internet connection at all times for full datalogging function, confirmed in this forum, I will test the stand alone data logging at some point once I'm back on pump gas but if they can make it work on never cars with no internet connection it would be nice to make that available no internet required when you have a laptop connected.

Tuner in Training
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Bill@HPTuners's AvatarJoin Date
    Jun 2004
    Ok so I just spoke to our head engineer about this and this is the feedback I received " so on some 18+ Dodges, MPIDs required the SAC to bypass the gateway, which would require internet"