Thread: Want To Purchase, I Need INFO

Potential Tuner

Want To Purchase, I Need INFO

In the new age of our internet world, I find myself frustrated by retailers who don't allow phone calls and hide behind email webforms and chat windows....and this one doesn't even support chat(!). I WANT TO BUY your PRODUCT. Where do I get information to make a purchase decision.... TODAY?
    YES, I've read a lot of information on your site. What i can't find is clarity. If I BUY the MVPI2, does the purchase include any 'credits'? If so, how many and are they 'universal? Are the Ford/GM/Dodge credits associated only with the MPVI (gen 1), and the '2' uses only universals?
    If I buy the MVPI2+Pro, I have the same questions.
    On the product information page there is no mention of included credits (there's no "what's in the box" list). If I click to purchase, I have the option to buy credits but no idea if any are included with the product.
    However, while reading the HELP files I found the statement that "the VCM Suite with PRO features includes 8 credits" mentioning in passing.
    Can someone tell me if or which purchases include credits?
    I found that I need two credits for my CTS-V.
    I am 100% new to this site; I've never used an HPTuner product. I apologize if I've simply overlooked something obvious.
    Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Well, I found my answer... not on this website, but on Summit's. The quick answer is no. Neither the MPVI2 nor the PRO suite *include* credits in their base priced listings on this site. The credits must be purchased and can be purchased at the same time or later as needed. I finally went to Summit's site and it was then clear as it was spelled out AND the part numbers directly reflected the credits being purchased. So, I ordered from Summit.
    Result is that I will be back here looking for more info, newbie-style, very soon.

I was in your shoes a year ago, still learning, Your in for a mind boggling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
    ... In the new age of our internet world, I find myself frustrated by retailers who don't allow phone calls and hide behind email webforms and chat windows ...

Telephone support ...

Telephone support costs a great deal of money - would you like to pay double the amount for your MVPI2 ?? You would no doubt complain about that also.

Many companies have opted to eliminate telephone support for sales related questions (or completely), as a means of cost savings.

We have raised a generation that does not use telephone voice communication much (if at all), so eliminating telephone support is in keeping with societal changes.

When you make a purchase on eBay, Amazon, or any online store, you can't call them to ask questions - yet most people are very adept with this type of purchase.

Anyone who demands telephone support these days is either overly self-important or weak minded.

... I found that I need two credits for my CTS-V.
    I am 100% new to this site; I've never used an HPTuner product ...

Tuning ...

If your are beginning your tuning career with a CTS-V, then you will likely to encounter significant issues, and will be a factor of "luck" if you do not end up making a catastrophic error.

Learning how to use commercial tuning software is a process of self education - similar to mastering any type of computer software (Excel, PhotoShop, etc.) - but with a much greater associated risk.

If you experienced difficulty simply ordering the product, without someone holding your hand via a telephone call, then you likely lack the requisite skills to become proficient using tuning software.

Anyone can purchase tuning software - few actually know how to use it effectively and safely.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    at the $299 price point the MPVI2 does not come with any credits, they need to be purchased separately.

The pro feature set add on also does not come with any credits.

MPVI2 uses only universal credits.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your heart-warming welcome to the HP Tuner community. Rather than being judgmental and elitist, please consider that SOME new customers are OLD. Old people appreciate the spontaneity of direct real-time communication (grew up with it) and are a bit put off by the time delays that are now built into some new forms of communication.
    Do you not find it odd that as the internet has exponentially increased the rapidity of information transfer (compared to snail mail or newspapers in the driveway) while at this same moment, direct real time communication has become more rare? Yes, instant info is at the keyboard, but instant interaction is actively discouraged and stifled.

Back to the tuning subject, it is a statement of fact that I have never used the HP tuner products. I HAVE done a deal of tuning using other products in another realm, namely Harley Davidson fuel injection tuning products from DynoJet Power Vision (flash tuner), Thunder max and Daytona TwinTec ( programmable Performance ecm) for tuning/scanning/logging/editing Delphi injection systems. In summary, there's hope for me yet.
    Last edited by MrSurly; 03-25-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    at the $299 price point the MPVI2 does not come with any credits, they need to be purchased separately.

The pro feature set add on also does not come with any credits.

MPVI2 uses only universal credits.
    Thank you for the information..

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your heart-warming welcome to the HP Tuner community. Rather than being vindictive and elitist, please consider that SOME new customers are OLD. Old people appreciate the spontaneity of direct real-time communication (grew up with it) and are a bit put off by the time delays that are now built into some new forms of communication. Do you not find it odd that as the internet has exponentially increased the rapidity of information transfer (compared to snail mail or newspapers in the driveway) that at this same moment, direct real time communication has become more rare? Yes, instant info is at the keyboard, but instant interaction is actively stifled.
    Back to the tuning subject, and laying aside your condescension, it is a statement of fact that I have never used the HP tuner products. I HAVE done a deal of tuning using other products in another realm, namely Harley Davidson fuel injection tuning products from DynoJet Power Vision (flash tuner), Thunder max and Daytona TwinTec ( programmable Performance ecm) for tuning/scanning/logging/editing Delphi injection systems. In summary, there's hope for me yet.
    Hey, OLD! I'm 65 and contacted HP Tuner through the email. They responded back with a lengthy email explaining it to me. Bill Henn was very helpful, and I turned around and bought the HP Tuner with two credits. I'm just beginning my tuning, I guess you can say career, after retiring twice. Currently doing a 5.3/4l60e swap into a 73 C10. I have plenty of time to read and watch videos, no problem with that. I have used numerous computer software and programs, so here I go.

Potential Tuner
    I'm right up there with you. I can't wait to get started with the HP tuner. Very first step is to turn off the O2 CEL!
    Last edited by MrSurly; 03-25-2021 at 08:21 AM.