Thread: LS Swap Lean over 4k Please Help Tried Everything!

Tuner in Training

LS Swap Lean over 4k Please Help Tried Everything!

The specs are new Blueprint 530hp LS3 Crate Motor. On MAF tune above 4k car goes 25% or more lean all the time. No matter how much the MAF is scaled there is no change. So I put new coils, new stock LS3 injectors, new fuel pump (in-tank Wahlbro 255), new regulator and verified with a gauge on the windshield 58psi always, new #8 fuel feed line and still same problem. Take a look at the tune and logs and let me know thoughts? Ive been at this for months..... The car is a 1967 Camaro with the 6L80E as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I had the same issue come to find out I was only getting 8 volts to the fuel pump but only at night.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ng-Tips-Advice

Probably not your issue but worth checking.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Senior Tuner
    Your MAF curve doesn't look right at all. Is your MAF installed in a 4" tube? Or a larger tube?

What is your injector duty cycle above 4K when it goes lean? Add Inj PW to the datalog and monitor DC %.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Decipha,
    I have checked my fuel pump voltage and I am getting min 13.5 volts at the pump with car running. I was worried about fuel pump so I had swapped in a brand new Wahlbro and wired the pump through a relay right next to the trunk mounted battery to keep wire distances short.

Kevin,
    The MAF is in a 4" tube in the middle of a straight portion about 18" long. Do you think my data is for a larger tube? For what it is worth it was "tuned" last year on a dyno and he said he was having some issues so he tweaked some stuff to make it work, whatever that means. It hasnt ran good since so I am trying to fix it and make it more drivable.
    For more background I should add, when it is on OL MAF only it goes lean over 4k. When in CL with LTFT disabled but STFT on it will go super rich at WOT and injector duty cycle is around 65% or so. Ill post a log of that tonight when I get home. I annot figure out why in MAF only OL it goes lean even if I add say 100% more to the cells...

Tuner in Training
    Did you check for exhaust and vacuum leaks? Verify injector data? Verify you have the right maf and that it is not backwards?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your log is kind of useless on the issue you are mentioning
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Yes you are correct, ok so here is Tune 6 and 8 with logs. As you can see we added tons to the MAF cal in the 6k-7k cells and nothing changed. It is a 4" MAF tube with an LS3 cartridge MAF. I have tried a new one and no change.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Cant open your tune for some reason. What do your PE settings look like since you say you are leaning out at wot?

Looking at your initial log, which looks like idle, that leaning could just be heat soak. Your IAT is rather.

Senior Tuner
    You've got a bunch of odd codes, including no Communication with FPCM. I would try to address those first...especially that one.

On most of the logs, the TPS only went to 55-60% TPS. Sometimes it didn't even enable PE Mode. That will certainly affect WOT AF Ratio as well.
    However, when it did enable PE mode, it was still lean. I would recommend adding Injector PW and datalogging Injector DC%. That will allow you to see if your changes are affecting the DC%.