Thread: HPTuners SD Tune By Respected Shop... How do I download??

Tuner in Training

HPTuners SD Tune By Respected Shop... How do I download??

I've got a 99 Corvette with an A&A D1SC that I had tuned earlier this year by a well-respected tuner shop here in the midwest. They used HPTuners to create an SD tune for the car. Now I'm thinking about purchasing HPTuners just to play around with it, but I'm curious...

From what I've read, I'll need to first purchase HPTuners and use my credits to get a single license for my car. Then I'll need to read a copy of my .bin file, send a copy in, and they'll activate SD tuning for that license.

My question is, once SD is enabled for that license and I download the appropriate upgrades, will I be able to download the tune in it's entirety (including the entire VE table, etc)? The tune's not locked, so there shouldn't be a problem there.

I've tried searching, but I couldn't find anything that addressed that exact question.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Paul...

Tuner
    check out the help files. they are available for download.
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
    check out the help files. they are available for download.
    I've been checking out the help files, but everything I've found assumes I've currently got a MAF tune and will be creating an SD tune from scratch.

I'm wondering if I download my .BIN file, apply the 2 bar license to it, then re-download the file if it will pull down all of the VE data up to 210 Kpa?

Anyone?

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02bluess
    I've got a 99 Corvette with an A&A D1SC that I had tuned earlier this year by a well-respected tuner shop here in the midwest. They used HPTuners to create an SD tune for the car. Now I'm thinking about purchasing HPTuners just to play around with it, but I'm curious...
    Paul

Hope someone answers your question.

I also have a HPT tune by Charlie (THE BEST) from A&A. But no SC.

And I am wanting to play around also.........

I gotta wait a couple of weeks or so to get mine

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    as long as the tunes not locked you'll be able to download, read, edit, flash it just fine...if its a custom 1 bar SD OS it will cost 3 out of the 8 credit credits that comes with your initial purchase to do so.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    as long as the tunes not locked you'll be able to download, read, edit, flash it just fine...if its a custom 1 bar SD OS it will cost 3 out of the 8 credit credits that comes with your initial purchase to do so.
    Thanks for the response! It's actually a 2bar SD tune (not 1bar), so I'm assuming it'll actually cost me 4 credits (2 for the new VIN, 2 for the 2bar SD), right??

Are the steps I listed out in my earlier post accurate? Ie,

(1) upgrade HPTuners (I've already got v1.x),
    (2) purchase credits for new VIN license,
    (3) license new VIN,
    (4) download the .bin file (partial .bin; won't include extended parameters for 2bar OS),
    (5) submit .bin file to HPTuners,
    (6) purchase credits for 2bar SD OS,
    (7) download 2bar OS software, and
    (8) redownload the original SD tune in it's entirety?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if your using the serial interface still some of the instructions are on your customer login page as far as I know.

the steps for the MPVI usb unit will be different from the serial so we'd really need to know what youve got.

Tuner in Training
    if your using the serial interface still some of the instructions are on your customer login page as far as I know.

the steps for the MPVI usb unit will be different from the serial so we'd really need to know what youve got.
    Sorry. I currently have the serial interface (v1.x). However, I plan to upgrade to the MPVI EIO interface ($199). That part seems pretty straightforward.

The steps I'm not so clear on are how I then go about accessing the full 2bar OS currently on my Corvette. Assuming I've already upgraded from the serial to the MPVI version and have my new USB unit in hand, are the following steps accurate?

(1) purchase credits for new VIN license (99 Corvette),
    (2) license new VIN,
    (3) download the .bin file (partial .bin; won't include extended parameters for 2bar OS),
    (4) submit .bin file to HPTuners,
    (5) purchase credits for 2bar SD OS,
    (6) download 2bar OS software, and
    (7) redownload the original SD tune in it's entirety?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I've never had to do this so theres one of two ways it will work, but either way will cost you the same credits, Im just not sure when it will ask to license them, but this is what I would assume will happen:

1.purchase credits for new vin license(99 vette) ONLY if you don't have the 99 vette unlimited year/model license on your old serial cable, if your serial cable already had the unlimited you wont need to purchase any credits to license the pcm
    2. license new vin upon read only(.hpt file) if you don't have the 99 vette unlimited year/model license on your old serial cable, 2 bar will already have been applied at this point by your previous tuner
    3. modify tune
    4. partial write to pcm will then ask you to license the 2 bar custom OS(2 credits)
    5. done

Tuner in Training
    I've never had to do this so theres one of two ways it will work, but either way will cost you the same credits, Im just not sure when it will ask to license them, but this is what I would assume will happen:

1.purchase credits for new vin license(99 vette) ONLY if you don't have the 99 vette unlimited year/model license on your old serial cable, if your serial cable already had the unlimited you wont need to purchase any credits to license the pcm
    2. license new vin upon read only(.hpt file) if you don't have the 99 vette unlimited year/model license on your old serial cable, 2 bar will already have been applied at this point by your previous tuner
    3. modify tune
    4. partial write to pcm will then ask you to license the 2 bar custom OS(2 credits)
    5. done
    Ok, cool.

So it sounds like when I pull down the current tune, it'll come down with the extended 2bar parameters, which I'll be able to view. I won't need to license the 2bar OS until I actually modify the tune and re-upload, correct?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    correct.

Tuner in Training
    Great, thanks