Thread: Dumb Question

Dumb Question

I'm trying to chase down a decel pop issue, high gear below 3000 rpm, I've tried some DFCO settings , not much help, car runs fine except for that. 6 spd Manual, 426 Stroker, Maggy , Kooks LT , high flow cats.

I got some advise from a tuning school to enable ETC in auto torque management. Does this apply to manual transmissions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wadejesu; 03-24-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The main problem I see is the DFCO delay is set to 25 seconds so it doesn't actually shut off fuel until you are off the throttle for 25 consecutive seconds. I normally set it to between 0.8 and 2.0. I would also increase the enable MAP a little.

Thanks, what do you think about the minimum spark table, -5.0 in the low rpm range?

Tuner in Training
    It shouldn't be a problem. I would log ignition timing to see what it is doing on decel. Part throttle spark should determine decel ignition timing unless torque management commands something else. Around 10 degrees or less is going to start causing pops and bangs.

Here's a stand alone log, I don't remember it idling that long where the timing drops out, might have something to do with interface. Not sure.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you're going lean at low pressure ratios, that will also contribute to the decel popping. Maybe try bumping up your VE tables in that area.

Got it figured out, Timing is everything, Smoothed PT tables, removed all negative in Min spark table, Sultan changed PE and injector setup, Car has never run better. Special thanks to Sultan@mastuning , smart guy.