Thread: T87a to T93 swap compatibility

T87a to T93 swap compatibility

I have a 2020 GMC L84/MQE 8spd here with the T93 in it. There is an older thread about possibly using a T87a in this application. Has that ever been sorted out? Happy to pay for a compatible VIN or OS numbers that will play with the current PRNDL.

I'm stuck in that "nine line bind" with a customer that makes their lack of planning my emergency situation FREQUENTLY. Good thing is they pay dearly for it.
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE

Advanced Tuner
    It won't work. I looked at this previously for the Chevrolet Colorado - in 2021 they switched from the T87A to the T93. While both TCMs are connector-compatible, GM also changed the way the shifter status is reported (which goes to the ECM now, and uses a different type of signaling).

Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    It won't work. I looked at this previously for the Chevrolet Colorado - in 2021 they switched from the T87A to the T93. While both TCMs are connector-compatible, GM also changed the way the shifter status is reported (which goes to the ECM now, and uses a different type of signaling).
    That's so irritating. I thought about a valve body or shifter switch swap if I had to, but now it looks hopeless with also having to properly signal the ECM also.
    Bo Woody owner:
    APS Automotive
    www.apstuning.com
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    405-424-RACE