Thread: Did we somehow loose the ability to change fuel tank size with the Gen V's?

Did we somehow loose the ability to change fuel tank size with the Gen V's?

The usual tables aren't there for fuel tank size, and fuel level sender percentage.

Up top

Did you make sure to read the FPCM? Screenshot 2021-04-12 193319.jpg
    That is how they read fuel level. Through the FPCM. Screenshot 2021-04-12 193546.jpg

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Did you make sure to read the FPCM? Screenshot 2021-04-12 193319.jpg
    That is how they read fuel level. Through the FPCM. Screenshot 2021-04-12 193546.jpg
    I don?t have the FPCM hooked up on my swap yet I do have the fuel level sensor gauge wire hooked up to the correct pin on my ECM and it does read the level just fine, it?s just incorrect since it?s a different tank and sending unit.

Quote Originally Posted by lVloses View Post
    I don?t have the FPCM hooked up on my swap yet I do have the fuel level sensor gauge wire hooked up to the correct pin on my ECM and it does read the level just fine, it?s just incorrect since it?s a different tank and sending unit.
    Sorry I don't know. From what I understand the fuel tank level is a sensor input to the FPCM and a CAN communicated data signal to the ECM/PCM. Can you give me a little more info on what you are working on? See if it is different in SI?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Sorry I don't know. From what I understand the fuel tank level is a sensor input to the FPCM and a CAN communicated data signal to the ECM/PCM. Can you give me a little more info on what you are working on? See if it is different in SI?
    The FPCM, at least mine from the donor car, only handles fuel pressure regulation. The ECM has a wire for fuel pump level signal X1 P25. And like I said it works and reads, it just reads incorrectly and as far as I know there?s no way to adjust it with HPTuners.

Nope, I sure didn't. I realized it when I saw your post and forgot to respond.

Slaps self in head for being dumb :P

Thanks