Thread: 2011 F-350 6.7 need tune help - reduced engine power

Potential Tuner

Question 2011 F-350 6.7 need tune help - reduced engine power

Howdy! 2011 F-350 6.7 had to get stock file installed after a bad tune. Got the stock installed (limp mode of course) and ordered HPTuners MPVI2. When that came in I first downloaded the stock file off the truck and backed it up in a few places. Then got to work on the egr and def deletes. Fast forward to loading the tune back. Everything seemed to be ok but after the last stages were done, I thought was odd that the reduced engine power light stayed. Anyway I took off down the road hoping it would have cycled through everything needed and would return to normal but it has not and still stuck in limp mode.

Not sure what I did wrong and nothing should be telling the engine to go into limp mode as far as i can tell so i was not sure if i missed or needed to hard reset something.

Any help/advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Did you get the proper stock tune for the weight reduction? A stock tune will flash reduced engine power and all the other lights if the emissions system has been tampered with.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad0407 View Post
    Did you get the proper stock tune for the weight reduction? A stock tune will flash reduced engine power and all the other lights if the emissions system has been tampered with.
    I'll have to confirm now that you mention it. If I did have the proper stock to start with (now), the editor program lets me disable sensors but you're saying that isn't all that's needed for deletes?

thanks again for some direction!

If you have a weight reduction stock tune, upload that, then read it with HPT and edit it. Disabling the codes won't work since the parameters aren't displayed with HPT.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad0407 View Post
    If you have a weight reduction stock tune, upload that, then read it with HPT and edit it. Disabling the codes won't work since the parameters aren't displayed with HPT.
    thanks! I'm an idiot lol. Will try that and report back!

Potential Tuner
    do you have a stock file for a 6.7 powerstrock you can send me at [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever get this sorted out?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    Howdy! 2011 F-350 6.7 had to get stock file installed after a bad tune. Got the stock installed (limp mode of course) and ordered HPTuners MPVI2. When that came in I first downloaded the stock file off the truck and backed it up in a few places for deleted 6.7.powerstroke reduced engine power. Then got to work on the egr and def deletes. Fast forward to loading the tune back. Everything seemed to be ok but after the last stages were done, I thought was odd that the reduced engine power light stayed. Anyway I took off down the road hoping it would have cycled through everything needed and would return to normal but it has not and still stuck in limp mode.

Not sure what I did wrong and nothing should be telling the engine to go into limp mode as far as i can tell so i was not sure if i missed or needed to hard reset something.

Any help/advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated!
    So yesterday I was stuck behind someone on the highway doing 55 in a 75. I got a clear spot to pass and went for it. I got up to about 75-80 and then realized I wasn't going any faster. I looked in the mirror to see if I could get back over and saw that I was dumping a really thick cloud of white smoke. I looked at all the gauges including the turbo which was at about 20-ish and everything looked normal. I let off the fuel and it felt like it was sticking maybe a little and then started to slow down. Then the green wrench popped up and the message on the dash says reduced engine power. I made it about 3 miles before I found a spot to pull in and stop. I'm driving an 08 F-250 FX4 6.0L and everything is stock on it. I haven't blown anymore smoke at all. I checked all the fluids and everything looks normal. No oil in the coolant, no water in the oil. Any suggestions before I take it to Ford to pay the $100 diagnostic charge?

Potential Tuner
    What up everybody, first time posting. I?m having a similar issue. 2012 6.7 powerstroke. Had sct tuned to it with everything gone when I bought it. Did a motor swap in it and finally got it running good. Figured I?d mess with tuner and it said return to stock so like a dummy not thinking I did and then it said to update it and acting rashly I did and about 20 min later I realize what the update would do and it did remove all the good stuff from it. Now I?ve bought the mvpi3 and 4 credits and did the course. After trying to get the truck running by changing dtc it has exhaust fluid warning on the dash. The truck will only run for 5-10 seconds before shutting down.

Potential Tuner
    Toad0407 How do I dm you?

Potential Tuner
    Can you help me out?

Unfortunately, I don't mess with the weight loss type of stuff. You can't simply disable the dtcs to get it to shut off those things. My best advice is to purchase a stock weight loss program and do a read then make changes to it. You can probably find someone who makes those files without having to buy another tool like an ezlynk.

Potential Tuner
    Ok do you know where I can buy a stock file? Right now I?m looking at how to use tuner pro and it is very similar to Hp. I paid for the rt version and when I get the code I will be able to see if the obd2 el327 I have will read pcm with tuner pro. From what I?ve read you can read and write with rt. If that?s the case maybe it?ll work idk. Shits frustrating.

Tuner in Training
    You can read and write with the RTD but you will not be able to edit the file. It's only purpose is for communication with the ECM/TCM. If you need a file, send me a message and lets see what we can do.