Thread: 2007 Mustang GT FRPP Hot Rod Cam Tune Advice

Tuner in Training

2007 Mustang GT FRPP Hot Rod Cam Tune Advice

Hi Everyone,
    Just wanted some feedback on my tune for my 2007 Mustang GT Manual Transmission.

Mods:
    FRPP hot rod cams
    CMCV delete plates
    C&L Racer Intake
    Kooks Longtube Headers
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys

Still have some off clutch bucking with cams. Still working on that. But Ill attach the original tune (07StangCamTune.hpt) that was on the car when I got it. And the tune that I came up with.

My tune (07StangASSCamCurrentTune3242021.hpt) re-enabled the knock sensors, Tuned the Borderline Knock Table, Load with Failed Maf Table, and Idle Spark Tables. Along with dashpot decay.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I was able to solve my bucking using this histogram setup:

ta + e.jpg

If the value is positive driver demand is too high, if it is negative DD is too low.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha, makes sense! Thank you!

Advanced Tuner
    Did this solve your issue?

Tuner in Training
    I haven't had a chance to datalog yet. I do have a question though. Do you take the percentage error and apply it to the Driver demand table to correct the issue?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    Did this solve your issue?
    So here is the current tune and datalog. I was thinking for the idle buck I have two cells that are kind of off and want to edit the Driver Demand Table for. I just dont know how to modify the driver demand table. Do i take the percent difference between the Throttle Angle and error and multiple that on the cell of the Driver demand table?

Idle Buck Error.png

[ATTACH]108365[/ATTACH
    ]07StangASSCamCurrentTune3242021.hpt

Thanks for any insight you can give me!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I don't remember exactly how I did it. You might be able to just copy the table out of the log and paste special "add". Try that anyway, see if the output numbers make sense, could have been a multiply. I have been meaning to go through the process and write it up. It took me a few iterations, but it's driven well for so long I haven't messed with it.

The other thing to watch is your AFR when your getting part throttle buck.

Advanced Tuner
    You could use his histogram data but instead of torque angle error, use engine brake torque. You can copy the data and use the 3d model to smooth the table.
    My laptop has been broke a while. I'd be able to send you a good DD.
    The area you really want to adjust is the the small area where you're getting the bucking. When I compare dd on cammed 3v, the dd was completely remodeled but there weren't drastic increases. Some cells were even less than stock.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 007GTCS View Post
    I haven't had a chance to datalog yet. I do have a question though. Do you take the percentage error and apply it to the Driver demand table to correct the issue?
    It's not a percentage. You have throttle body angle and driver demand which is torque request through the throttle body or the torque at a specific throttle angle depending on many calculated factors. Your torque values in driver demand are calculated into a throttle angle, then the difference is calculated with throttle angle actual and you're given throttle angle error. The pid is a good tool, you can't really copy or paste anything from it. You can check to increase or decrease driver demand and adjust throttle body models.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a driver demand for you to take a look at below. I was curious about your idle spark, it's down to around 8*. I usually set then 18 to 20* on cammed 4.6. Your borderline and mbt spark tables will need some work if you want to get some use out of your knock sensors being enabled now. The two tables should not have the same timing in them. In order for your knock sensors to add timing, MBT needs to be more advanced than borderline. Give it a few degrees to advance. It's your mid load areas that adjusting spark tables will give you better drivability.

The thing about tuning driver demand is it's all pedal feel and some people prefers there be a certain way, some people don't know the difference it makes. You can request so much and if the car can do it, it will give you that feel. If you request too little, you'll get a not very responsive throttle. I like to create a smooth 3d model. I also rescale the pedal position, it drives much better. Here's for an idea or you can use it like it is.
    Driver Demand
    driverdemandcammed3v.PNG