Thread: locked pcm and internet required vehicles MAYBE STICKY THIS !!!

Potential Tuner

Exclamation locked pcm and internet required vehicles MAYBE STICKY THIS !!!

Wanted to start this thread to get years and models of locked pcms , and vehicles that require internet to read or flash

i start with 2001 jeep wrangler 4.0 needs internet

think this should be stickied and continue the list

Potential Tuner
    ok this solves one question *Note: 2015-2017 vehicles need to have their PCMs unlocked via the PCM Modification Service before tuning.

but main question is what vehicles require internet to read and flash ?

GO ....

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by acid View Post
    ok this solves one question *Note: 2015-2017 vehicles need to have their PCMs unlocked via the PCM Modification Service before tuning.

but main question is what vehicles require internet to read and flash ?

GO ....
    I was aware 2018+ needed internet to flash, but have never had an issue flashing anything older than 2018 without internet

Tuner in Training
    You also need internet to data log, at least 19 hellcat re does so im assuming all newer will as well. My understanding is 18 newer to answer your
    question, but what may not be as obvious is your data log will drop pids the second it loses internet connection. May work fine at the shop and get to the track and you cannot data log, Internet required!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by joeapple View Post
    You also need internet to data log, at least 19 hellcat re does so im assuming all newer will as well. My understanding is 18 newer to answer your
    question, but what may not be as obvious is your data log will drop pids the second it loses internet connection. May work fine at the shop and get to the track and you cannot data log, Internet required!
    You need internet to read/write 2018+ but Ive never had an issue logging without internet. I have logged MANY 2018+ with no internet

Tuner in Training
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Bill@HPTuners's AvatarJoin Date
    Jun 2004
    Ok so I just spoke to our head engineer about this and this is the feedback I received " so on some 18+ Dodges, MPIDs required the SAC to bypass the gateway, which would require internet"

so tell me more please, I chased my tail for some time to get this answer. If you know a trick please let me know!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by joeapple View Post
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Bill@HPTuners's AvatarJoin Date
    Jun 2004
    Ok so I just spoke to our head engineer about this and this is the feedback I received " so on some 18+ Dodges, MPIDs required the SAC to bypass the gateway, which would require internet"

so tell me more please, I chased my tail for some time to get this answer. If you know a trick please let me know!
    I have no trick. I know I can successfully log my 2020 hellcat and have never had an issue requiring internet for dataloging

Tuner in Training
    nice, he did say some, so red eye and demons may SAC to bypass the gateway like bill said. My last pass at the track was lost because internet connection tether turned off on my phone, you would never have the problem on a dyno or of you have internet service in your 2020. If you don't then that is interesting why I have to have one it is an extra step before i make a pass and it be nice if i did not have to have one. But I do 2019 Red Eye.

Potential Tuner
    "MPIDs required the SAC to bypass the gateway" why cant this be built in to the program to not require internet ?? yes we are in 2021 but internet is not available every ware, also some people prefer to just stay offline , also idk if this is with only 2018 + see above 2001 jeep wrangler requires internet