Thread: HELP!! Scanner isn't reading my wideband!

Potential Tuner

Exclamation HELP!! Scanner isn't reading my wideband!

hey tuners,

got a problem... I've purchase and hooked up an AEM 30-0334 about a year ago and everything was scanning great until about a couple months ago.. out of no where my scanner(recent beta) breaks connection with the wideband. I've tried repolling but no luck.

so i bought another one (for another project of mine) and decided to completely replace the one on the truck to see if anything changes.. still no luck! I don't know what is going on because the wideband is reading on the gauge but isn't showcasing through the scanner, and its a brand new wideband and connection. I am also using MVPI 2 that's only a year old.

Advanced Tuner
    That happened to me as well, though I didn't go out and buy a new sensor. All I had to do was re-add it because the device PID changed, not sure why.

Advanced Tuner
    #1 What year is the vehicle ? If it is pre-2007. it may not be a CAN based ECU. In which case, the 30-0334 can not output OBDII data.

#2 if #1 is OK, Did you add the WB from the AEM X-series UEGO ( 30-03xx ) menu ? This SEEMS like the right thing to do. But, it isn't. You need to look for "WB EQ Ratio x" under Unknown Controller. The version in the AEM tree is for the 30-0300 and 30-0310. when using the ProLink.

#3 if #1 and #2 are OK... Check for a collision in the ECU IDs. Look in the info log to see if the AEM controller shows up. If not, Try changing the ECU ID on the gauge. start from 7 and work your way down. re-poll for parameters after each change.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    #1 What year is the vehicle ? If it is pre-2007. it may not be a CAN based ECU. In which case, the 30-0334 can not output OBDII data.

#2 if #1 is OK, Did you add the WB from the AEM X-series UEGO ( 30-03xx ) menu ? This SEEMS like the right thing to do. But, it isn't. You need to look for "WB EQ Ratio x" under Unknown Controller. The version in the AEM tree is for the 30-0300 and 30-0310. when using the ProLink.

#3 if #1 and #2 are OK... Check for a collision in the ECU IDs. Look in the info log to see if the AEM controller shows up. If not, Try changing the ECU ID on the gauge. start from 7 and work your way down. re-poll for parameters after each change.
    I'm having the same issue with a 2000 Camaro ECU in an LS swapped vehicle. Talked with AEM and they said that the gauge is not setup for OBD. My question is: Can you still connect the wideband so that it does read in the scanner?

Advanced Tuner
    A 2000 Camaro ECU uses the J1850 protocol, not the CAN protocol. So, the 30-0334 can not communicate with it, via CAN/OBDII.

A 30-0334 ca be re-flashed to be a 30-0300, which has the AEMNet CAN output ( Instead of OBDII output ). This CAN output is readable by the HPTuners ProLink, This method gives the best possible data connection.

If you do this, Then the issue in #2 will not apply, as this WILL be the correct selection

Potential Tuner
    A 2000 Camaro ECU uses the J1850 protocol, not the CAN protocol. So, the 30-0334 can not communicate with it, via CAN/OBDII.

A 30-0334 ca be re-flashed to be a 30-0300, which has the AEMNet CAN output ( Instead of OBDII output ). This CAN output is readable by the HPTuners ProLink, This method gives the best possible data connection.

If you do this, Then the issue in #2 will not apply, as this WILL be the correct selection
    Thanks for the info. I would assume that this is something AEM has to do?

Advanced Tuner
    Nope. They wont do that. They would rather sell you a 30-0300

I have to do that

Potential Tuner
    What do I need to do to get it done?

Advanced Tuner
    PM me.

Potential Tuner
    hey gents, turn out to be the old sensor and connector went bad. the truck is a 13 silverado and the scanner was set up correctly for the WB to work. Everything is working correctly with the new WB, just needed to unplug the battery again after install (weird) and now its working like it should. thanks all for your input on troubleshooting this!

Potential Tuner

It's a 2004 monaro LS1 (read GTO)
    I used Generic SAE paramters for both RPM and MAP
    will look for the ones you suggest.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training

Still issues

I can never get pass step 2, I repolled 11 times, type in wb eq an it always pulls up AEM 30 xxx, Bosch LT2, ecotron alm can, link can lambda an Zeitronix Zt-3...none worked