Thread: Efan Help 04 Suburban

Potential Tuner

Efan Help 04 Suburban

New to the tuning so I figured I would Efans first.

Have an 04 Suburban, with 05 Silverado fans and a Nelson Performance Harness.
    I can make the fans function through the Scanner
    Low speed is functioning fine

The issue is the Fans when come on when the AC is turned on and the engine doesn't require fans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is the current settings
    elecfan.hpt

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Your statement of the problem doesn't make sense to me.

The fans should come on when the AC is on. Is that what they are doing?

The fans should also come on when the engine coolant temp exceeds your trigger points. Are they doing that?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jeddyten View Post
    New to the tuning so I figured I would Efans first.

Have an 04 Suburban, with 05 Silverado fans and a Nelson Performance Harness.
    I can make the fans function through the Scanner
    Low speed is functioning fine

The issue is the Fans when come on when the AC is turned on and the engine doesn't require fans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

here is the current settings
    elecfan.hpt

Thanks
    That big AC condenser in front of the radiator requires fans when the vehicle isn't moving . Also Nelson sells 2 kinds of fan harnesses. Did you get the one with 2 trigger wires that go to the PCM or 1 trigger wire to the PCM and 1 trigger wire to the AC compressor wire?
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 03-26-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I purchased the harness with 2 trigger wires for the PCM. pin 42 and 33.

Sorry on initial post

The fans wont turn on when the AC is turned on. Everything else functions fine and I can manually turn them on in the scanner tool.

Senior Tuner
    I can't look at your tune file but if you haven't already load a 05 Silverado 5.3L file as a compare file and copy every setting from it's fan settings to your file. There are a lot of AC pressure settings that need to be correct. All the pressure sensors are there on a 04 Suburban and wired in and make sure the AC has the proper charge is all I can suggest. Also you said low speed functions with the scanner. Does high speed?

Potential Tuner
    Its program is set just like an 05 silverado/suburban. I will go over all the pressure sensors and connectors.

Low speed functions properly while driving. High speed can be functioned with the scanner by turning it off and on but doesn't turn on with AC on.

Has to be a pressure sensor or low charge maybe.

thanks for the help

I just saw your thread. For Fan #1 you need to lower your "On Temp AC On" to about 203 for a stock thermostat. Yours is at 284 which maxes out the setting turning it off. Give it a try and let me know.