Thread: A question on earthing

Tuner in Training

A question on earthing

Hi all

Ive read the how to 100x over.

The mpvi2 with the pro link grounding can the be split back to the obdii port and split from behind the to stop interference just wanting to know how others have done it?
    i haven't done it like that myself but my old mpvi pro was hooked straight to the body without an issue.
    i do have a rs232 somewhere if i have to go that route as the interference on the 5v on the prolink is next level. i know its posted about not doing it this was as it is unstable as it has negative effects through the body.

has someone linked the wires to all 3 grounds but in separate areas to stop interference if that makes sense.

all i want to do it the easy part and start logging the old boys car.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tuner
    I’m using the analog inputs on my Mpvi2+ prolink to capture my AEM 0300 wideband data and I just connect the black wire of Prolink to black of AEM analog output. The aem itself is connected power black to chassis in driver side fuse panel of cab. I have no issues. In the past while tuning customers cars/trucks I have always run a wire directly to the battery post or terminal block for ground if any problems present themselves at all, it would be the first thing I would do. This prevented me from running in circles. I never have to do more than that. Good luck
    2017 Silverado 3500HD WT 6.0 flex fuel 6L90 6800lbs E78 T43

--- What am I doing??? Why did I do that??? ---