Thread: 392 Nag1

Potential Tuner

392 Nag1

I have a 392 challenger with the nag1 transmission. Is there any advice you would give me to tune my transmission? I know nothing about tuning the transmission. I have uploaded a milled modified tune only pertaining to the cooling system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    welcome, theres not much love for new guys! best bet is to do your own research on youtube and these forums. i can say that i havent received much help here! nobody likes or cant help!
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFavSRT View Post
    I have a 392 challenger with the nag1 transmission. Is there any advice you would give me to tune my transmission? I know nothing about tuning the transmission. I have uploaded a milled modified tune only pertaining to the cooling system.
    Is there anything in particular youre wanting advice on? Or just in general?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2gnx View Post
    welcome, theres not much love for new guys! best bet is to do your own research on youtube and these forums. i can say that i havent received much help here! nobody likes or cant help!
    Some people try to help. Unlike LS there isnt as much popularity with the hemi stuff unfortunately. Not to mention while there are several people who are more than willing to help, many of us do this for a living, and dont like working for free. I can say from being in both the LS side of things in the past, and involved with Hemi now, the "help" is defiantly not on the same level

Banned
    Agreed. Tossing couple bones now and then on basic stuff here and there to get a guy rolling is one thing but what I?ve found quite often is ?help? turns into give me your best you got or give me all your secrets for free. The hundreds upon hundreds of hours spent to learn and develop tuning as a business at the businesses own expense doesn?t come free for others nor does the solid premo goods gets handed out for free.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Agreed. Tossing couple bones now and then on basic stuff here and there to get a guy rolling is one thing but what I?ve found quite often is ?help? turns into give me your best you got or give me all your secrets for free. The hundreds upon hundreds of hours spent to learn and develop tuning as a business at the businesses own expense doesn?t come free for others nor does the solid premo goods gets handed out for free.
    Exactly. Not to mention, everything is available online, you just have to dedicate hours upon hours to search. When I have some downtime at the shop, I have no issues trying to help where I can, but a simple "try this" can turn into someone wanting a complete tune for free, which again I sometimes dont mind if its quick and simple, but when it turns into troubleshooting much past some minor changes............

Tuner in Training
    I am about to get my Tuner and I have a custom tune on my nag1 and I will upload it here. I am getting ready to get a dings racing VB and there custom tune also.

There are a lot of tables for transmission and it's not easy to understand all of them.
    Just raise a little shifting torque and lower a little the shift timing.
    You can set the up shift and down shift tables to better points for your personal feeling.
    Leave the clutch and other things till you know what you're doing.
    Wall want the easy way, copy and smile.....but that's for Predators....

Anyway to tighten up the 3-4 shift? It's like inhale and exhale into 4th. Just lazy

1-2 2-3 4-5 like snapping a rubber band.

It's not over reving and limp mode.

Clean fluid and no sludge in pan.

Trans was built with ALTO clutches and Dings valve body. Worked great for couple years.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

enigine torque management general ...auto trans management....only use spark and spark a.
    with this you disable all other torque reduction and only use spark reduction by shiftig.
    Trans torque management upshift....here you can set the torque reduction for every gear shift or disable it.

Tuner in Training
    Do a search, I posted a 392/a5 tune in the transmission forums. Shifts great. Give it a look.