Thread: Trans wont shift at WOT

Tuner in Training

Trans wont shift at WOT

Can anyone look over this tune and tell me if they see a reason why the trans wont shift at WOT? It has a funky shift pattern to it.
    Were also having issues with the throttle body not being able to read 100% when floored if anyone has a solution for that as well.

This is a buddies truck that was having map sensor issues, but we fixed that by swapping to an LS9 setup and scaling it correctly. Now the only issue is the trans shifting

Thanks
    WOTshiftissue.hpt
    Last edited by SLEEPYDUB; 03-26-2021 at 06:27 PM.

From other thread it's hard to believe that tune even runs with how weird it's setup. Nothing makes much sense to me with how the whole airflow/fueling is setup.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Oh wow. There's a lot of wrongness there! lol
    I'm going to guess that you don't really have 29 lb/hr injectors.
    Did you segment swap both the transmission and the transmission diagnostics segments?
    Did you do a Write Entire after the segment swap?
    The limits of the transmission pressure tables is 90 kPa. Yours is populated with numbers nearly 10X larger. I'd repopulate it with proper values.
    How does it shift at part throttle?
    You mention a funky shift pattern...does it seem to shift in the wrong sequence?
    What does it do at WOT? Just run into the rev limiter?

PM me if you need it tuned.
    Last edited by kevin87turbot; 03-26-2021 at 09:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    From other thread it's hard to believe that tune even runs with how weird it's setup. Nothing makes much sense to me with how the whole airflow/fueling is setup.
    Yea, it's a mess. We had no part in the engine tuning as I didn't even want to touch this truck bc im not experienced enough with HP. But my buddy begged me for help, so I'm just trying to fix as much as I can without having to start over. The original tuner and him had a falling out, and I'm trying to get him setup with someone to do a remote session on my dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Oh wow. There's a lot of wrongness there! lol
    I'm going to guess that you don't really have 29 lb/hr injectors.
    Did you segment swap both the transmission and the transmission diagnostics segments?
    Did you do a Write Entire after the segment swap?
    The limits of the transmission pressure tables is 90 kPa. Yours is populated with numbers nearly 10X larger. I'd repopulate it with proper values.
    How does it shift at part throttle?
    You mention a funky shift pattern...does it seem to shift in the wrong sequence?
    What does it do at WOT? Just run into the rev limiter?

PM me if you need it tuned.
    Original tuner said it wasn't complete, but somehow it made supposedly 800whp like this. When brought to me it wouldn't even idle or drive like a normal vehicle. All I really did was completely disable the MAF and setup the right map sensor and scale it. His old map sensor I think was a 3.3 with a 440kpa offset and 10.33. It was very weird.

No not 29lb, he as bosch 210s, which would explain the VE map being scaled the way it is and a 0.0ms min inj pw.

As for segment swap, I have no idea as this was inherited the way it sits. I would like to understand what that is so I can make that adjustment. He said he used an adapter from Amazon that was a harness adapter from a 60 to an 80. Think it was ICT billet trans adapter.

Which table shows the 10x larger pressure? I mainly just used a bluecat tool for tcc and scheduling, and left the pressures alone from the previous tuner as I didn't want to mess with them.

Part throttle it takes a whole to shift, like you have to stay in it up to a high rpm till it will. It's a mess.

At WOT it will just bang off the Rev limiter and won't shift.
    Last edited by SLEEPYDUB; 03-27-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Senior Tuner
    It's got some strange stuff going on for sure. I'd recommend starting back over with a known good file.

I'll attach a tune that I did last year for a similar combo. It's a 2004 model Silverado. It has a proper 4L80E segment swap done. It was a mild 6.0L turbo combo with a small ON3 7665 turbo and a Sloppy Stage 2 cam, with some goofy 88 lb/hr injectors that he had purchased. It ran good on 7 psi boost.

You'll have to enter your injector data, and change the spark and fuel tables for your application, but it'll be way better than what you're currently working with.

You'll have to do a Write Entire if you use this one.
    2004silverado60LSBRCKWTurbowith4L80Emod1.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPYDUB View Post
    Yea, it's a mess. We had no part in the engine tuning as I didn't even want to touch this truck bc im not experienced enough with HP. But my buddy begged me for help, so I'm just trying to fix as much as I can without having to start over. The original tuner and him had a falling out, and I'm trying to get him setup with someone to do a remote session on my dyno.

Original tuner said it wasn't complete, but somehow it made supposedly 800whp like this. When brought to me it wouldn't even idle or drive like a normal vehicle. All I really did was completely disable the MAF and setup the right map sensor and scale it. His old map sensor I think was a 3.3 with a 440kpa offset and 10.33. It was very weird.

No not 29lb, he as bosch 210s, which would explain the VE map being scaled the way it is and a 0.0ms min inj pw.

As for segment swap, I have no idea as this was inherited the way it sits. I would like to understand what that is so I can make that adjustment. He said he used an adapter from Amazon that was a harness adapter from a 60 to an 80. Think it was ICT billet trans adapter.

Which table shows the 10x larger pressure? I mainly just used a bluecat tool for tcc and scheduling, and left the pressures alone from the previous tuner as I didn't want to mess with them.

Part throttle it takes a whole to shift, like you have to stay in it up to a high rpm till it will. It's a mess.

At WOT it will just bang off the Rev limiter and won't shift.
    Go to FIC and you can pull their hp tuners data for the 210 injectors. I would use that even if they didnt come from fic due to fic using bosch injectors.