Thread: Shift firmness issue

Tuner in Training

Shift firmness issue

Hello, I have an old jeep with a lq4/4l80e. The 2-3 shift is really soft. I have tried several things to firm up the shift but even large changes does not seem to have any effect. I run this jeep in speed density.

The jeep runs well with the exception of the 2-3 shift annoys me. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

The tune doesn't have the MAF failed for speed density, MAF fail high is still set to 14,500hz. If you never plan to run the MAF just flash the tune with the speed density OS in the OS tab. It will remove the secondary VE table to make VE tuning easier.

The tune also has the wrong cylinder volume, it's doing calculations based on a 5.3 engine size. Change that and go over the fueling again to touch it up.

Have you tried increasing the shift pressure for the 2-3 gear shift??
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The tune doesn't have the MAF failed for speed density, MAF fail high is still set to 14,500hz. If you never plan to run the MAF just flash the tune with the speed density OS in the OS tab. It will remove the secondary VE table to make VE tuning easier.

The tune also has the wrong cylinder volume, it's doing calculations based on a 5.3 engine size. Change that and go over the fueling again to touch it up.

Have you tried increasing the shift pressure for the 2-3 gear shift??
    yes, i maxed out the shift pressure & did not feel any difference. thanks for the heads up on the other, I did not see that LOL.

If changes to the tune make zero difference to the shift feel then it may be internal to the transmission.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I hope not, it had 12k miles on it when I installed it. I guess I can't be sure but it has ran flawless for a while now other than soft shifts?