Thread: 04 GTO Ignition Timing Not Matching Tables

Tuner in Training

04 GTO Ignition Timing Not Matching Tables

Have an 04 GTO I'm tuning and I cannot figure out what's going on with the ignition timing specifically when at WOT. The base timing doesn't match the high octane table.... It's close to the low octane table but there's zero knock. I am logging all the timing modifiers, all are zero and the base timing is low. Not sure why it's not referencing the high octane table...... What am I missing????
    Attached Files Attached Files

Weird that the channel engine delivered torque is reporting odd values, it sometime works and sometimes just takes a cliff dive to -66 ft/lbs.

What is the intake setup on this? I see that on the last full throttle pull that the MAF sensor is dropping even while you are at full throttle still, which also makes the injector duty cycle/pulse width drop off. It hits 5,000rpm and the maf lb/min starts to drop off until you actually let off the throttle at 5,700rpm.

Kinda looks like it's running off the low octane timing table. Those values are closer to what it's running for timing.

What's the complete setup on this?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    It's a stock LS1 GTO, just installed long tubes and a CAI. Throttle body, intake, cam etc are all stock. As far as the MAF dropping while on the throttle, honestly I think it's just the slow ECM processor and the logs may not be perfectly aligned? These gen 3 ECM's seem to log slow on the graphs in my experience.

Hi Gents, very new and following on with interest while checking out the above log and tune.

Is it possible that the condition is in relation to burst knock retard tables?
    2003 Holden VY SS UTE A4, SS Induction CAI, K&N, GTS300 intake, HM try y's, 100cell twin 3", 3.46, AEM X series WB, MVP12pro, STD tune currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Roller75 View Post
    It's a stock LS1 GTO, just installed long tubes and a CAI. Throttle body, intake, cam etc are all stock. As far as the MAF dropping while on the throttle, honestly I think it's just the slow ECM processor and the logs may not be perfectly aligned? These gen 3 ECM's seem to log slow on the graphs in my experience.
    Have you come to a conclusion on this issue?
    2003 Holden VY SS UTE A4, SS Induction CAI, K&N, GTS300 intake, HM try y's, 100cell twin 3", 3.46, AEM X series WB, MVP12pro, STD tune currently.