Thread: 2016 Camaro SS LT1 with Procharger MAP

Tuner in Training

2016 Camaro SS LT1 with Procharger MAP

Hello All,

I've got as the title says a 2016 Camaro SS that to which I added a Procharger, P1SC making about 7psi of boost at max RPM. The tune supplied from Procharger seems very rich. I've only recently began using HPTuners and I've done my first log on this car.

Anyhow, The first thing that I noticed is that my MAP max's out like at 117KPA and is clearly being effected by the boost. The Procharger install didn't have me change the MAP, so I'm considering changing to the DSX Baro Breakout. What do I need to know to change to this? I've done some research and realize that there is a range / initial / offset that needs modified. What else should I be looking for?

Thanks
    Ray
    Last edited by Brock1969; 03-29-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Procharger doesn’t know crap about tuning, got into with them years ago about these on corvette forum.. baro needs to be broke out to be right on both fuel models..

Get Dave’s kit..

Needs ls9 or equivalent map sensor to read boost (its plug and play)

Once baro sensor is broken out from MAF hosts leave it open to atmosphere and will read correct baro and not get skewed from boost

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Ben is 100% on point, PC told me the same thing as well. 1st thing Jannetty Racing had me do is break out the MAP and add the 3 bar MAP into the intake manifold.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    for the torque model to work properly its a must
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Okay, I'll get one ordered. So other than the items listed above initial, offset etc, is there anything else that I need to change?

I was a little surprised at how the tune was modified. Sort of expected more.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Can you post/send the PC supplied tune, I am going that route soon and Im curious the changes they make compared to the stock GM file.

Thanks!
    2018 Camaro 2SS A8 Redline Edition

Tuner
    When you say it seems rich, how rich is it? Do you have an A/F gauge? You need one for tuning. I have mine reading Lambda and running .87-.88 @ WOT
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

I wouldn’t run the supplied tune... I also wouldn’t run a boosted DI GM engine at .88 lambda in boost either

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Right, I'm non boosted right now. I am waiting on a Magnuson 2650. I was just wondering how he was determining that he was running rich. I'm guessing PC made the tune rich to cover their warranty.
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.