Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T93 support finally coming?

Tuner in Training

T93 support finally coming?

Houstonhouseofpower has a couple posts about testing out rans tuning on a T93 2020 camaro and another post about more testing and info to come this week. Is hp tuners finally making some progress and mapping things out on the T93?

https://fb.watch/4yZmnpGvjb/

https://fb.watch/4yZoWcd4lu/

Advanced Tuner
    My money's on whatever they are doing:

A) Isn't a native reflash (maybe a piggyback?)

B) Doesn't have anything to do with hpt. Because, otherwise the hpt folks would be making the announcement, not some random vendor.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    My money's on whatever they are doing:

A) Isn't a native reflash (maybe a piggyback?)

B) Doesn't have anything to do with hpt. Because, otherwise the hpt folks would be making the announcement, not some random vendor.
    They did have a screen shot inside hptuners and the trans table open but you can't tell if its a T93 or not. Maybe they are working with hpt to map out the T93 or an early April fools lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murica View Post
    ...or an early April fools lol.
    That seems most likely.

Tuner in Training
    That seems most likely.
    Waiting to hear back more info but they have one on the dyno now and said its something they figured out in house. Trying to get some more info.

Tuner in Training
    According to hpp it is something they figured out in house and hp tuners itself hasn't supported it yet. They have some sort of work around that is letting them tune it for now. They said it would be inhouse only or a few shops they work with other then that they are letting others figure it out on their own. Supposed to post later with pricing.

Tuner in Training
    Per HPP

?We have officially developed tuning for all T93 Camaro?s. This is a direct plug and play TCM swap, so there is no need to send your original stock TCM out for unlock. We will install our unlocked TCM on your car, and you keep your original!
    Price for the full package is $1250 installed and tuned (if we have already tuned your car). If it?s your first time getting tuned by us, it will be $1900 for both engine and transmission (depending on your setup).
    We will be making this available for in house tuning only, and all HHP remote tune customers.
    We?ll also be selling unlocked TCM?s to some of our friends in the industry.
    Everyone can kiss our collective butts. ��?

https://fb.watch/4ziJVuxnos/
    Last edited by murica; 03-30-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Wow, I might actually purchase it if I wasn't too busy "kissing their collective butts".

I wish my t93 in my procharged sierra was unlocked lol!!!!
    2019 Procharged 5.3, KOOKS 1 7/8 long tubes, full true dual 3? magnaflow with built in x pipe, L86 intake, and throttle body, with a shade tree tune and a F**king locked T93 trans "she runs good though" plugs look nice lol

Any more info on this? Maybe they're replacing the t93 with a t87a and flashing a stock 2020 file into the t87a with an mds 2?

If you go to YT and look up the most recent video by Race Proven Motorsports, they go into a T93 a little. It sounds like there is a replacement - maybe a converted older controller that will allow access. It seems like the actual company that performs these modifications require the customer to buy the TCM and the tuning service, for something like $2K or something like that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 32vape View Post
    Any more info on this? Maybe they're replacing the t93 with a t87a and flashing a stock 2020 file into the t87a with an mds 2?
    I explored this at one point. I don't believe it's possible because while the T87 / T87A / T93 are "pin compatible" in that the connector type is the same, and the majority of the pins have the same assignment, one stark difference between the T87 / T87A and the T93 is the former expects the transmission to use a traditional shifter position switch and the latter doesn't support a shifter position switch at all. The T93 based transmission shifter position switch gets run through the ECM instead.

Furthermore, the signaling on the position switch is different between the T87x and the T93, so even if you re-pinned the TCM connector to reroute the position switch signals to the TCM, it still wouldn't work, AND the ECM would complain that it doesn't have any shifter position inputs that it expects.

Tuner in Training
    I explored this at one point. I don't believe it's possible because while the T87 / T87A / T93 are "pin compatible" in that the connector type is the same, and the majority of the pins have the same assignment, one stark difference between the T87 / T87A and the T93 is the former expects the transmission to use a traditional shifter position switch and the latter doesn't support a shifter position switch at all. The T93 based transmission shifter position switch gets run through the ECM instead.

Furthermore, the signaling on the position switch is different between the T87x and the T93, so even if you re-pinned the TCM connector to reroute the position switch signals to the TCM, it still wouldn't work, AND the ECM would complain that it doesn't have any shifter position inputs that it expects.
    What if you 'Y' the wires out of the position switch to satisfy both modules?
    Somebody needs to solve this T93 problem. They are starting to use it a lot.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone running this yet? I already have the tcm but haven't installed it yet

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by C5turbo View Post
    What if you 'Y' the wires out of the position switch to satisfy both modules?
    Somebody needs to solve this T93 problem. They are starting to use it a lot.
    The switch itself is different as well, so, no, this wouldn't work.

Advanced Tuner

I can tell you having dealt with one they are t87a swapping them...somehow.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I can tell you having dealt with one they are t87a swapping them...somehow.
    He is correct. My hhp tcm is stamped t87

It?s a t87 TCM

That was my understanding, Ben. Specifically - a Hitachi. Isn't that what the T87s were?...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
    That was my understanding, Ben. Specifically - a Hitachi. Isn't that what the T87s were?...
    It is.