Thread: Tuning 1998 Viper Gen 2 roe supercharged, basetune, MAP scaling etc.

Potential Tuner

Tuning 1998 Viper Gen 2 roe supercharged, basetune, MAP scaling etc.

Hi HP experts, I?m new to the forum and HP tuners. Asking for advice.

Car, 1998 Viper, 3,2L Roe supercharger KIT. E85.
    VEC 2 piggyback today, want to go to only using HP tuners removing the VEC. Partially due to boost limiting factor, after 10psi the VEC leans out. Revlimit to 5500 due to this.
    Car was running with 60LB deka injectors with the current VEC tune, and now I have installed bigger injectors 93LB (980cc).

Questions:

MAP scaling, since I?m on VEC, that means the car has the std 1 bar MAP sensor, I?ve got a 2 BAR on the shelf to install. The tables in the editor are very basic.
    What is the way fwd, install the 2 BAR, and adjust the fuel/spark according to the new tables it will hit? Scaling MAP.

Injector scaling, standard injectors on factory tune are 29LB, new ones 93LB. On the VEC I can rescale them on the percentage diff, but not here. I can compare the piggyback added/removed PW ms
    and try to figure out the PW ms required, roughly for startup. In my world the e85 req 30% more fuel, and in the same time, I have to reduce inj PW vs stock due to bigger size.

I am new to the tuning world and my friend has experience with HP tuners on his Camaro, but he is a chevy guy and it?s day and night comparing our tunes. JTEC is as I understood a bit limited. That?s why I decided to ask here to get a hint of where to start.
    I?m not expecting anyone to have a file to share since there arent many with similar setup, but feel free.
    It would be great if I could achieve a startup map, to see that everything works before I?m in the dynoshop. If that wont work out I?ll put it on the trailer to a shop.

Attached the stock file.

/E
    Attached Files Attached Files

yeah As far as I remember on those old ones its done in the VE table only.

Potential Tuner
    okok and my VE table is equivalenmt to "Fuel base- egr on" with manifold pressure vs eng rpm?

Yipper. I use to make them the same