Thread: Question on changing vins

Question on changing vins

When swapping a pcm on a vehicle, must I license both vin numbers or can I just license the pcm I'm swapping in and then change the vin to match the vehicle? I'm having issues changing vins on a e78 pcm (2014 sonic) and the vehicle is immobile because of VATS. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you must have a license for both vin's and if the os is different you'd need to have a license for the new vin/os pairing you create. I would suggest using our vin changing only as a last resort. Your best bet is an OEM flash device, you flash in the vin/os pairing you want, then read/license using our product.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Unfortunately I have spent the 4 credits to license both vins but it still for some reason wont take the vin. I have tried it every which way I can possibly think of. I tried changing it through the editor (which says it was successful), through the scanner (which says it failed) and I've tried doing a "write calibration" and "write entire" after completing the "successful" vin change in the editor. After every time, the security light is on and the vehicle is immobilized and when I re-read the tune off the vehicle I just flashed onto it, it keeps coming back with the incorrect vin.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Your best bet is using an OEM flash device to flash in the vin/os pairing you want
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"