Thread: What changes on LHU for the ZFR Turbo?

What changes on LHU for the ZFR Turbo?

I have a standalone LHU in a race car running VP race fuel MS109 and just installed the ZFR 6758 Turbo from ZZP. Looks like ZZP is not going to advise me on what needs to be changed in the tune without spending more money so I was wondering if anybody on here has installed this turbo and what changes needed to be made? I am not expecting to punch in somebody else's numbers and have a perfect tune but I would like a starting point to put in the tune for my visit to the dyno.
    Last edited by marksawatsky; 04-02-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by marksawatsky View Post
    I have a standalone LHU in a race car running VP race fuel MS109 and just installed the ZFR 6758 Turbo from ZZP. Looks like ZZP is not going to advise me on what needs to be changed in the tune without spending more money so I was wondering if anybody on here has installed this turbo and what changes needed to be made? I am not expecting to punch in somebody else's numbers and have a perfect tune but I would like a starting point to put in the tune for my visit to the dyno.
    Did anyone get back to you on this? I could take a look and see if I can help.
    2015 Silverado 6.2 - Intake, Exhaust, E85
    2009 Cobalt SS z57Turbo e47 FBO, Larger Fuel Cam Lobe
    2014 Audi S5 Double Pulley HPTuners Tuned
    "Bagee Tuned" Tuner - Tuning in the 559 Area

"Just an amateur tuner going to law school"

Nobody has gotten back to me about this. I have been testing and logging and fiddling with the tune and it runs but it's not perfect yet.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by marksawatsky View Post
    Nobody has gotten back to me about this. I have been testing and logging and fiddling with the tune and it runs but it's not perfect yet.
    Some progress is better than no progress right? If you would like I can take a look to see if I can be of some help.
    2015 Silverado 6.2 - Intake, Exhaust, E85
    2009 Cobalt SS z57Turbo e47 FBO, Larger Fuel Cam Lobe
    2014 Audi S5 Double Pulley HPTuners Tuned
    "Bagee Tuned" Tuner - Tuning in the 559 Area

"Just an amateur tuner going to law school"

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_cheese View Post
    Some progress is better than no progress right? If you would like I can take a look to see if I can be of some help.
    Thank you. I spent all day chasing down an erratic VSS signal and it turned out to be one poor connection on fuse panel. I will have to do some road testing and logging to see where I'm at but I confident that dumb connection was causing all my weird readings