Thread: 6.7 Exhaust Brake tables.

Tuner in Training

6.7 Exhaust Brake tables.

I have a 2015 6.7 that is having issues with the exhaust brake after being tuned. It is almost like it works sometimes and other times it doesn?t. The transmission will not downshift the way it used to and the exhaust brake just seems to not close the veins on decel like it did before. I have compared it to the stock tables and there is absolutely nothing that would have been changed in that area of the tables to cause the problem that I am having. I am wanting to make the exhaust brake more aggressive. For the life of me I can not get the turbo to work the way I want it to using the tables that are provided to us in the editor. Is there something I am missing? It?s almost like there is a set of tables missing either in the engine or trans side of the tuning that is only used for exhaust brake functions or both. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Banned
    is it tuned with hpt?

Tuner in Training
    I have no idea. The truck was tuned previously. The exhaust brake is non existent at times. The turbo will open to 20% and it won?t downshift. This is even in tow haul mode and with engine brake on. 14k lbs behind it. Then sometimes it will downshift like it?s supposed to but will only have 65% max vein position. The customer came to me to see if I could make the brake more aggressive but there is absolutely no tables for me to even remotely begin to change anything.

Tuner in Training
    Nothing I do in the tables I have makes any difference off throttle in tow haul mode. That?s why it seems I?m missing some tables specific to exhaust brake. Customer bought the truck with a single tune in it. Came to me and told me about the situation with the exhaust brake and wanted a SOTF tune so I read it out and built him my SOTF tune and reflashed the truck and nothing has changed with the exhaust brake. Everything else is working great.
    Last edited by LPD Tuning; 04-06-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LPD Tuning View Post
    Nothing I do in the tables I have makes any difference off throttle in tow haul mode. That?s why it seems I?m missing some tables specific to exhaust brake. Customer bought the truck with a single tune in it. Came to me and told me about the situation with the exhaust brake and wanted a SOTF tune so I read it out and built him my SOTF tune and reflashed the truck and nothing has changed with the exhaust brake. Everything else is working great.
    The exhaust brake parameters are not shown in HPT. I know the early deleted files had no exhaust brake feature, at some point a lot of the big names in 6.7 tuning figured out how to delete and keep the ex brake working.

Banned
    if you tune it with sct i can do exhaust brake in that..

Not to mention the tables are labeled incorrectly, i've asked for the proper tables to be added and asked to have the max RPM be relabeled to enable to and Min RPM be relabeled to disabled because that's what they actually are. I set Max RPM to 750 so anytime engine RPM is above 750rpm the engine brake is on and Min RPM to 700 so it shuts off there as it loses braking force with the vanes 100% closed around that RPM. Does anyone have a picture of the tables in SCT they can post up with stock cal numeric values in them? I'd like to see if we are missing anything else and send in another ticket.
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 04-11-2021 at 12:46 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    Not to mention the tables are labeled incorrectly, i've asked for the proper tables to be added and asked to have the max RPM be relabeled to enable to and Min RPM be relabeled to disabled because that's what they actually are. I set Max RPM to 750 so anytime engine RPM is above 750rpm the engine brake is on and Min RPM to 700 so it shuts off there as it loses braking force with the vanes 100% closed around that RPM. Does anyone have a picture of the tables in SCT they can post up with stock cal numeric values in them? I'd like to see if we are missing anything else and send in another ticket.
    I was wondering if maybe something wasnt labeled right. I sure would like to have some exhaust brake tables. Im not sure what tuning was in it before but I do know the customer had an SCT.