Thread: 2011 twin turbo 68mm turbos need help tuning

Potential Tuner

2011 twin turbo 68mm turbos need help tuning

2011 mustang manual trans
    hellion twin turbo kit with 68mm turbos
    fore triple fuel system with 3 480 pumps
    currently tuned in e85 and wanting 93 octane and to lower the power down before i put the new trans and driveshaft in it. I wouldnt mind paying someone to help me tune it and teach me if thats possible..

mikestt2011.hpt

I think you can handle it.... All you have to do is go into fuel-general and change the stoich AFR to 14.08. Then reduce your spark for the lower octane... The easy way to do it would be to copy spark tables from a Roush but you can also just go in and subtract 3-5 degrees from every table and do it that way.

*edit* your preignition table and cyl pressure tables are not doing anything... You might consider fixing those tables back to stock also
    Last edited by Ranger Coyote; 04-04-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Your maf transfer/injector slopes will be off since they have your stoich at 9.0 for e85 and thats not accurate it's more like 10:1 for the fuel I get

Potential Tuner
    ok thanks but i need to start from a stock file and make a new tune from scratch are you confident enough to write me a base tune that i can then tweak?

I probably could, but the problem is that I'm still on a learning curve and I don't think my capability is high enough to remotely tune a twin turbo. If I was in your boat I would probably call up PBD and tell them you need a 93 octane tune.

Potential Tuner
    i have a tune from them, and its encrypted i dont want it encrypted as i want to be able to modify it

You should PM Decipha or Murfie, those guys are master tuners and might accept money for help. I will help you through posts but I can't accept money... I don't think i'm good enough for that

Potential Tuner
    ok ill find where to send them a pm im new to this forum thanks.

Tuner
    You have a TT e85 tune and now you want to make a 93 tune? Or you have no turbo tune, and you want to make yourself one? Sorry, on my iPad, so haven’t looked at the tune you attached.