Thread: truck running terrible

Tuner in Training

truck running terrible

could someone steer me in the right direction, i cant seem to find a good starting point. i used a stock 6.0 tune and remove 10% of fuel at idle but its not even drivable. 6.0lq9, long tubes, cold air, trick flow track max cam. i have a wideband but have not set it up yet, just trying to get a baseline
    Attached Files Attached Files

One thing I see is 7 degrees of Knock retard.
    I think you need to figure that out to start. I would put fueling back to stock..

Increase idle to 800 across the board, Log again and see if KR goes away.

If so, Put in MAF only then tune your MAF using your LTFT & STFT Math error
    Then you can Tune your VE
    Then idle

By then it should be running clean enough to Install your wideband and fine tune the whole process
    Remember without your wideband you only want to Tune light throttle and light load conditions
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    I went back to stock fueling and increased timing and air mass at idle using ws6firebird recommendations, still wont take fuel, some knock retard, and now LTFT and STFT aren't showing up. Will attach tune in a few minutes not home yet

Tuner in Training
    tune files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Something is wrong with your MAP sensor. It should not be idling at 80kpa. Did you get a new one, and not change the map data in the tune?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Something must be rubbing if it's knocking that much at idle. Or the knock sensors themselves are bad.

Is fuel pressure good and all that too, running 58psi?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't change the map, but I did see the high numbers. Those are the same knock sensors from the 4.8, not sure what is going on. Going to try again this evening. Thanks for the help

Tuner in Training
    I was incorrect, those are the knock sensors from the used 6.0, maybe they are bad?

Personally I never re-use knock sensors. GM says once torqued they should be replaced if removed. Also even the slightest drop can damage them. After every single one I put in I DSO them to check their output/activity before I button the intake up. Have had MANY bad right out of the box. Maybe counterfeit AC Delco, or bad china garbage, or dropped sensors.

Tuner in Training
    Wouldn't you guys think I would get a code for knock sensors if they were bad

Tuner in Training
    Just hooked wideband, at first glance I'm seeing numbers of 25-28. Not logged a tune yet just watching the gauge

Is your fuel pressure good?

Are you 100% positive there are zero exhaust leaks?

A wideband oxygen sensor will show any vacuum leak or exhaust leak before or directly after the sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Wideband is directly in header collector unless there's a leak after. But I dont think so

Tuner in Training
    I may have figured out what I did
    Maybe not. When I installed the stock 6.0 tune I overwrite everything in the 4.8 as far as differences. Should I have just changed certain tables?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Something is wrong with your MAP sensor. It should not be idling at 80kpa. Did you get a new one, and not change the map data in the tune?
    I second this, haven't looked at the log but if it's 80kpa at idle either you have a major intake leak or your map sensor/calibration is off.