Thread: Caprice PPV 6L80 tuning, and burnouts

Tuner in Training

Caprice PPV 6L80 tuning, and burnouts

When my Caprice was bone stock, I could do burnouts, now, after DOD delete and a few other bits, it doesn't want to do a burnout. If I drag the front brakes at all, the stability control steps and and kills the party.

Also, I'm VERY happy with WOT upshifts, but the mid-throttle drivability could use some work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm also on Kooks headers and a full exhaust, but the fuel and spark tables are still bone stock, so I could use some tips on a few changes. The PPV is flex fuel from the factory, so I'm sure there are some 93 tunes available that are a bit aggressive even with the L77s increased appetite for air. The injectors should be able to keep up for a while on real petrol.

TIA
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JonnyG; 04-05-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Disable brake torque mngt in the Torque mngt tab and disable the spark and ETC cut for the traction control. See if that helps with doing a burnout. Also raise the torque limit in the MAX torque table for each gear. Most people max the table or just set it to something really high like 600 ft lbs.

Disable COT with the headers too.

Without a data log with a wideband o2 sensor it's hard to see how far off the tune is. If you put a larger camshaft in this and haven't even done fueling and timing changes then it's probably going to need a lot more work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try all of that.

I went with the LS9 cam so it will be a nice DD until I boost it. I'm not sure how much more air it's moving without boost. Based on my research, a bit more, mostly up top.