Thread: Delco E78 desired ECT and idle override?

Potential Tuner

Delco E78 desired ECT and idle override?

Hello

in the Delco E78 used on a Chevrolet LUV engine ( 1.4turbo) the desired ECT seems to have an override at outside temperatures around freezing or below. At highway speed above aprox 60mph the desired ECT goes up to a much higher value than what I?ve set with HP tuners.. I asume to ensure proper heat for the passengers..at higher outside temps it does excactly the ECT I programm..... is there a way to change this behaviour ? I want to have only 2 desired ECTs... one for normal driving and one for high load / speed... there seems to be no option for this in HP tuner

Second question:

Right after cold start it revs at aprox 1300rpm for about 30s before it goes down... I think thats when it goes into closed loop.. whatever I try, I can not stop it from doing this....I don?t want it to rev that high because I park in front of someone?s bedroom.. I tried the cold start idle table (in gear and neutral table) without success and also reducing max cold start idle duration to only 5s..didn?t change anything either.. anything I can do ?

Thanks for any input

could you send your tune ? where are you located ?