Thread: Maf Range

Maf Range

Why is the Maf's range different between these files. File-Pull was when it came in and 17-Silverado-v5 is what I've been working with which started as a factory file uploaded from AcDelco TDS. I noticed its pegging the maf range around 9600-9800hz, is there a way to copy the labels and extend the range or why do I see other files where the Maf reads upwards of 14500hz and this is a factory file started with and its capped around 9600hz. I haven't found any answers so time for a post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Change the labels to whatever you desire.. I change them on just about every setup I do

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

You're missing the bigger picture here that's why.

Look at the labels for each. The Silverado file has the Hz values much closer together under 8,000hz where as the 2nd file you posted has everything just about 150hz different from cell to cell throughout the entire thing. You are more than welcome to click the Mass Airflow Frequency (HZ) with the underline and change the values in there.

So instead of having them sometimes only 50hz apart make them 125-150hz and you will make it all the way to 13,000-15,000hz easy.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ah yea I figured we could change the frequency labels just wasn't sure if that is what has to done.
    Definitely better resolution with the tighter cells and longer range. !!
    I still have a ways to go with this file and am fighting some tip in KR whether it be false or not I can't tell yet.

Probably best to learn to tune the vve table as well and not leave it on maf only? I thought I read something about obviously air and fuel flow models being off and also the Trans uses the vve for a lot of stuff ? Would be nice to make the system work as it should.

Oh and if that's the case can anyone chime in on the best method they've used to do so. Whether it be using trims and then a wide band or how is it supposed to be done ?

Most time I use trims for part throttle and WB for WOT... sometimes I delete 02 sensors and use WB only and set up tune for OL full time

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Most time I use trims for part throttle and WB for WOT... sometimes I delete 02 sensors and use WB only and set up tune for OL full time
    Yea I've used both the trims and a WB with trims shut off and it's been working well. I find when I dial in the maf for wot with the wb and it's bang on where I want it confirmed multiple times then re enable the trims and go wot again she runs a bit different and isn't hitting its target. Which I thought was weird as it's in OL either way or did I miss something?

Also noticed I'm getting KR when cruising along and I tip in pretty hard. Seems to happen if I command PE to fast and its a little fat hanging around 11.5-12.2. If I keep it a little on the lean side of things it doesn't knock. Guessing a little to much fuel will cause some KR with DI instead of lean knock?

Best method to dial in VVE ? Obviously trims for part throttle but what about wot. Is there a histogram setup for the wb and vve table.