Thread: Steering angle sensor reset

Steering angle sensor reset

What's up guys. My wife has a 2018 Acadia Denali and it pulls to the right constantly. It has been aligned 3 times and the alignment checks out. It also has new tires, all filled to 30 psi. I'm reading it could be caused by the steering angle sensor needing to be aligned. Will the diagnostic portion of HPT allow me to do that? Really sick of the incompetence at the dealer...
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

No HP Tuners will not. Need Tech2Win or aftermarket scanner. Going into the power steering control module "EPS", center the vehicle. This may take a little time because you are not centering the steering wheel you are making sure the vehicle goes down the road straight. This may mean the steering wheel is a little off if the alignment was incorrectly performed. Do a relearn procedure "centering".

Quote Originally Posted by Kfred 513 View Post
    What's up guys. My wife has a 2018 Acadia Denali and it pulls to the right constantly. It has been aligned 3 times and the alignment checks out. It also has new tires, all filled to 30 psi. I'm reading it could be caused by the steering angle sensor needing to be aligned. Will the diagnostic portion of HPT allow me to do that? Really sick of the incompetence at the dealer...
    Did the pull start after the new tires were installed? I have seen "radial runout" on brand new tires.
    Swap front tire side to side and if pull follows the tire, well its the tire.

How were the replaced tires wearing?
    Remember, when you are on the alignment rack that is a static adjustment. Slightly worn parts can flex under driving conditions and cause a pull. But it should be noticed on a test drive and not released back to you.

Also be careful with alignment "in spec". You can be in spec on each individual side but out of spec compared side to side and get a pull.

Hanging caliper, internally collapsed brake hose (causing residual pressure on caliper piston), wheel bearing, (CV Joint if 4x4) can all cause pull.

From my experience a steering sensor not calibrated doesn't cause a pull, it causes a variety of fault lights.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Thanks for the replies guys, forgot to check back here after posting. It is pulling on 2 sets of tires, and the original set wore evenly. The car just hit 30k, and has Ben in Vegas its whole life, so no harsh winters, but doesn't mean brakes couldn't be the problem. I'm wondering if the steering wheel isn't centered, but they centered it on the sensor alignment, so it's now correcting to that position. I'll report back when we find the issue