Thread: 6.0 checksum error

6.0 checksum error

Been a long time since I have dealt with hptuners!

Basically what I?m dealing with is I had a problem with my sct live wire and had to return it for warranty. They gave me a brand new device which was great. But I had a buddy that wanted to trade my live wire for his GTX. The GtX has been great but I lost my stock file with the first live wire because I was tuned when the device took a crap.

Fast forward to this last week I had sct ?try? to write a stock file to GTX so I could have it. That failed miserably and set a security code which disabled starting..

I have a friend at Ford that came out and reflagged the ecu to the latest and greatest Ford calibrations.

Said to myself I?ll just use my hptuners cable now F that sct. I get a checksum error while reading my ecu and cannot save or write my file at all. It won?t even let me look at the file in any way shape or form.

My sct device shows uninstalled which should mean I do not have a calibration in the ecu from sct.

Any ideas? I emailed support with my file but have yet to hear back.
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Banned
    just use a vxan0n2 file and start fresh.

So I just have to license that file? Can I change the Vin on that file also? And it won't throw a pats issue will it?

It won't even let me open my stock file at all. The stock file (in my sct) I have now is the latest from Ford since I had a crazy run in with pats issue a friend from Ford came out and helped me and ended up reprogramming every module just to gain access to the pats reset procedure. It was wild he said he had never had one do that.

I am returning to stock on my sct and then trying to read with hptuners btw

With the VXAN0N2 file can I still do the SOTF tunes?
    Last edited by projectlnf; 04-07-2021 at 05:52 AM.
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Banned
    pats is programmed through bcm. not pcm, you shouldnt have an issue.. if you use hpt you can enable the sotf feature but you wont be able to change anything in the transmission on the fly. if you flash your pcm back to stock with sct you will be able to read out your stock file. what tunes do you have on sct?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokecustoms View Post
    pats is programmed through bcm. not pcm, you shouldnt have an issue.. if you use hpt you can enable the sotf feature but you wont be able to change anything in the transmission on the fly. if you flash your pcm back to stock with sct you will be able to read out your stock file. what tunes do you have on sct?

PATS is through the ECM it uses the SCP data circuits to communicate. When my buddy at Ford came over he explained it all to me and said that the only way to “talk” to the pats module is through the PCM and that’s the only module that the pats is connected to.

The Vehicle security module talks with the BCM or GEM as Ford calls it.

Learned a lot when he came over to hook up ids.

As for the tunes I have quite a few. Blessed performance 4 tunes innovative 4 tunes and gear head 2 tunes

They all have their pros and cons.

I’m fine with no trans for SOTF I’m mainly wanting the engine tune for SOTF. I tunes a lot of gas vehicles but really interested in the diesel side since I now have one that’s actually worth tuning and I have a beater car so if I mess up I can always drive that.
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift