Thread: Help dialing in the idle with new injectors

Potential Tuner

Help dialing in the idle with new injectors

As I've been impatiently awaiting the arrival of my turbo kit for my silverado I decided that I'd put the new injectors in and try to get them running well before I install the turbo kit.

The injectors are the FIC 72# drop-in ones they sell. I copied all the data on the sheet that they sent and loaded it into the truck. It starts and idles but runs stupid rich. I decided to put the truck back into closed loop and saw the STFTs are going to like -31%. Any changes I make to VE doesn't change it. The pulse width stops at 1.5 ms. Can I get any advice on how to proceed forward? I added my current tune and a log too.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Maybe you should wait to tune those turbo injectors until you get your turbo on.

Potential Tuner
    Yea, that's probably the best solution. After looking it over and noticing the duty cycle is under 1% it is probably safe to say it needs more air flowing thru. I made a couple tweaks and it actually hits 1 Lambda driving and will idle at like .95-1 for a bit. I'm callin it a win till the turbo comes. I'll just drive the other car for now lol. I've been waiting a month so hopefully in the next couple weeks it'll be here.

I may throw some e85 in the truck to try and bump up the duty cycle on the injectors see if that helps the idle out.

You don't have the MAF failed right either. The 3 MAF dtc's must be on MIL on first error. If it doesn't report the fail it won't be in speed density and changes to the VE won't do much.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.