Thread: Newb with a duramax

Potential Tuner

Newb with a duramax

So bought mpvi2 to make a couple dtc modifications on this 2011 duramax and the truck has previously been tuned and deleted. Now when I pull the data from the ecm it say it's retrieved stock data and it's safe to use. Now my question if I disable a couple dtcs and write is it going to write a stock file and wipe out the deletes and tuner that's already installed. Sorry if this a stupid question rather be safe than sorry

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryceglionna View Post
    So bought mpvi2 to make a couple dtc modifications on this 2011 duramax and the truck has previously been tuned and deleted. Now when I pull the data from the ecm it say it's retrieved stock data and it's safe to use. Now my question if I disable a couple dtcs and write is it going to write a stock file and wipe out the deletes and tuner that's already installed. Sorry if this a stupid question rather be safe than sorry
    Not sure you figured it out or not but when you read the tune that is in the PCM and make edits to the tune, that is the file that will be written to the PCM. It will not write a stock file because you do not have a stock file.