Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen V Upgrades choosing a cam

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Glad you have a converter with that cam!
    Think its to big? or a really fun combo.

I dont think my rep understood that I was putting a converter in at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by HellKnightHicks View Post
    Think its to big? or a really fun combo.

I don't think my rep understood that I was putting a converter in at the same time.
    Just an update in case anyone was following.

Sent the cylinder heads off to Lingenfelter via UPS. UPS lost one of the cylinder heads. Had to get another one.

Upgrading to an LT4 HPFP and injectors.

The pre cam run showed that the Truck made 500hp at that point and fell off pretty hard. Not sure but we think it is out of fuel. That whipple isn't the most fun thing to put on and take off so we decided to go ahead and do the LT4 fueling upgrade.

I'm interested to see how it ends up running.

Couldn't help but do the cylinder heads while the heads were off anyway.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HellKnightHicks View Post
    That whipple isn't the most fun thing to put on and take off so we decided to go ahead and do the LT4 fueling upgrade.
    I can ABSOLUTELY vouch for that statement. Had mine off 3 times in 2 months battling AFM lifter issues earlier this year. That supercharger is no lightweight. DOD now deleted and all is well.

Can you confirm the LT4 HPFP fits under the Whipple manifold? I've read many accounts of grinding and welding needed to make room for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces_0 View Post
    I can ABSOLUTELY vouch for that statement. Had mine off 3 times in 2 months battling AFM lifter issues earlier this year. That supercharger is no lightweight. DOD now deleted and all is well.

Can you confirm the LT4 HPFP fits under the Whipple manifold? I've read many accounts of grinding and welding needed to make room for it.
    It requires grinding. Ive not heard anything about welding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB_PGaEku2E