Thread: Need help 07 Saab 97x 4l60e to 4l80e swap tune

Potential Tuner

Need help 07 Saab 97x 4l60e to 4l80e swap tune

Hello new here and new to tuning.
    I am working on a Saab 97x (trailblazer) so I swapped a 4l60e to a 4l80e. I bought an adapter harness to relocate pin location from the 4l60e to 4l80e and not the relay style. I have tried serval different so swaps on the TCM. The problem is the gear selector still reads first gear no matter what and will not communicate with the ECM throw's a code u0101 lost communication with TCM. i will try to put my latest file any help would be greatly appreciated. here are two different files I have tried.

2007 saab 90lb 4l80e take 5 tune.hpt
    2007 saab 90lb 4l80e take 3 tune.hpt

TCM OS 24235341 (2007 Suburban 2500) is confirmed by others to work on a 2007 TBSS. Sounds like a wiring problem (pinned wrong or pin backed out somewhere).

Search shows lots and lots of stuff to read: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li....com+E67+4L80E

Advanced Tuner
    The take 3 file is using an 08 Express Van OS (factory 08 TBSS OS) which won't work with your 07 ECM OS. As blindsquirrel mentioned, 24235341 is the right OS for 06/07 TBSS 4L80E swaps. You need to add the 80E ISS wiring and change a few pins around in the transmission wiring.

Can you post your factory 07 9-7X file as well to compare?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    The take 3 file is using an 08 Express Van OS (factory 08 TBSS OS) which won't work with your 07 ECM OS. As blindsquirrel mentioned, 24235341 is the right OS for 06/07 TBSS 4L80E swaps. You need to add the 80E ISS wiring and change a few pins around in the transmission wiring.

Can you post your factory 07 9-7X file as well to compare?
    here is one of my stock files that take 5 has the same os as what you are talking about
    2007saabtune2.hpt

i used the BP automotive adaptor for 4l60e to 4l80e for a 07 up.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    TCM OS 24235341 (2007 Suburban 2500) is confirmed by others to work on a 2007 TBSS. Sounds like a wiring problem (pinned wrong or pin backed out somewhere).

Search shows lots and lots of stuff to read: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li....com+E67+4L80E
    ok thank you i will look at that. i used the BP automotive adaptor harness for 07 and up.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok great, that harness does the ISS pin breakout for you at the transmission plug. Have you made any other wiring changes at the TCM connector?

I updated your take 5 file with a TBSS TCM System segment, try this and see if it resolves the comm errors. There are a few other Transmission and Transmission Diagnostic segments floating around for this OS, but the System should resolve it.

I'm assuming you've done it already, but need to Write Entire to the TCM to change the OS the first time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Potential Tuner
    Ok great, that harness does the ISS pin breakout for you at the transmission plug. Have you made any other wiring changes at the TCM connector?

I updated your take 5 file with a TBSS TCM System segment, try this and see if it resolves the comm errors. There are a few other Transmission and Transmission Diagnostic segments floating around for this OS, but the System should resolve it.

I'm assuming you've done it already, but need to Write Entire to the TCM to change the OS the first time.

i have not made any other changes to the harness or at the tcm i was reading about them but i assumed that harness i got would do that. should i try swamping the wires at the tcm. i going to try you tune now.

The Suburban OS is expecting to see the TCM connector pinned as if it were a Suburban.

Potential Tuner

well darn i tried that and I'm still getting a u0100 and a u0101 no engine light though. i m going to check the wire pin out and make sure it is set up the same as a suburban like blindsquirrel said to check. thank you guys so much for the help any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

The adapter harness will complicate things a little bit. Since the pinout at the original 20-way trans connector is still Saab/60E you'll have to go by circuit description and match it to the Suburban diagrams. Drawing the whole thing out on paper to combine the two vehicles wouldn't be a bad idea.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    The adapter harness will complicate things a little bit. Since the pinout at the original 20-way trans connector is still Saab/60E you'll have to go by circuit description and match it to the Suburban diagrams. Drawing the whole thing out on paper to combine the two vehicles wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Ok that makes sense. I will track both wiring diagrams down now then I'll go circuit by circuit like you said and see what's off.