Thread: Crackle Tune Wanted... To test... VCM Editor

Potential Tuner

Crackle Tune Wanted... To test... VCM Editor

Hi,
    Just invested in VCM Suite to adjust the tune on my VE SSV Ute. Gen IV 6.0ltr. Recently purchased this car with a VCM532 cam, 2.5" exhaust + headers, etc.
    Will be leaving majority of aspects for a Wideband to be installed and/or a dyno, however in the interim...

I wanted to see what a crackle tune is like, been reading plenty of threads of forums and methods to achieve the crackle and severity, but what I read doesn't seem to correspond to VCM Editor.

Some say adjust high/low octane tables, some say adjust only the minimum spark table, some say adjust the minimum Base/Long tables, and I think i read I needed to adjust the idle spark coast down somewhere. I'm assuming there is more than one way to do it?

I've tried multiple methods but can't trigger it. I would've thought adjusting spark to -5 on the minimum final spark table, plus adjusting the 0.08 + 0.12 rows at 2000/2400/2800 on both low and high octane maps would've given some result.

Can someone provide a quick how to using VCM Editor 4.8.7?

Potential Tuner
    You are in the right spot, on my 2012 caprice with a 6.0 gen4 mine was set at -15 by a tuner and it backfired like crazy but i don't recommend it because i ran like that for about 3 months and then I had it torn apart to get the cam swap done and the machine shop looked at the heads and said 2 of my cylinders were ready to be dead cylinders, so I ended up retuning the car after the cam swap and got rid of the -15 spark.

Advanced Tuner
    post your tune file

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NickR View Post
    You are in the right spot, on my 2012 caprice with a 6.0 gen4 mine was set at -15 by a tuner and it backfired like crazy but i don't recommend it because i ran like that for about 3 months and then I had it torn apart to get the cam swap done and the machine shop looked at the heads and said 2 of my cylinders were ready to be dead cylinders, so I ended up retuning the car after the cam swap and got rid of the -15 spark geometry dash
    The helpful information. I had this problem too

If you have cats they will get destroyed. Also your narrowband and wideband o2's are going to get cooked. Worse case your exhaust valves are going to get burnt. Not really worth the cool sound. Cars with DCT or sequential trans do it because they cut timing between the shifts.
    2013 CTS-V Coupe M6 - 1 7/8" Headers, 3" x-pipe, stock mufflers, Airaid intake w/green filter, ID1050X injectors, DSXtuning flex fuel kit, DMS under hood tank, upgraded pump, 3/4" lines, griptec 2.4" pulley, solid isolator, 100mm idler, reinforced brick, MM mild catch can, AEM 30-0334 wbo2, 600whp/630wtq