Thread: Looking for some assistance on tables - 5.7 Hemi

Tuner in Training

Looking for some assistance on tables - 5.7 Hemi

Hi all,
    I've been searching for definitions for the below tables/areas in the ECU. Any comments/feedback appreciated. Also, is there a book equivalent that one can buy to better explain these?

My Vehicle:
    Ram 1500, 5.7 ZF8 with mild cam and kooks LT headers

ECM 35035 - ETC Throttle Body Airflow
    Lots of info on this, but sometimes it's inconsistent. From What I can see the shape of the S-Curve is more important than the actual values (to a point). I've added alot below .5 volts which really smoothes drivability from traffic lights. Had to cut a lot out of VE tables to avoid over rich in the lower RPM range.
    Del1.PNG

ECM 44836 - External Tans TqMgt
    ECM 44837 - External Tans TqMgt

My email tuner disabled these, I want to enable them but no idea if they actually do anything? He also only enabled Use FSO for auto trans management, which I changed to Use Spark only.

del2.PNG

Last one, Indicated Torque
    ECM 19645
    ECM 36116

Looks like these tables are used to tell your transmission how much torque you producing, based on airflow. I haven't changes these, assuming I don't need to with a mild cam change?
    del3.PNG

Thanks,
    Last edited by sPHYNX; 04-09-2021 at 08:24 AM.

ETC is not the right way...tune it by injector flow

trans torq is used by torq error or shifting, spark would be reduced in this case.

Indicated torque must be reduced a little in lower values by mild cam, but can only be set correctly on a dyno.

Tuner in Training
    Excellent, thanks for the feedback.