Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFR Error Math???

thanks Russ! I guessed it would be something stupid I was missing out

I will try and log tomorrow or monday without the EQ log and report back, I have also orderd an AEM with the CANBUS link for the newer vehicles........the Snap On man didn't show up this week to take my money so I jsut decided to drop the cash instead

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The primary VE is not used in speed density on this OS, only the secondary VE table. That's why there is two table.

The primary VE table is only used when NOT in speed density along with the MAF.

This is an early OS you are using. Computers after the year 2000 removed the secondary table and only have one VE table that is used all the time.

Thanks for the clarification, I will focus efforts on the secondary then! This is all a learning curve for me and I've very much jumped in at the deep end with trying to tune something that has a stroker motor and a cam in it

Hopefully it will turn out well as I just want to take it for a drive now

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Here is your Primary Graph layout
    It shows the same readings just missing some cells

I could be wrong on the Primary vs Secondary
    That might be another question to post in the Gen 3 Section

Anyway
    You now have 2 graphs for each of your VE tables. I'm sure there is no harm adjusting both
    Awesome! Thanks, will try that out

Changes will still be made to both tables but just for speed density it will run on that secondary VE table.

I usually just create the graph for the entire primary table and copy over the cells/rows that match for the primary/secondary VE tables so that everything matches. I think you get what I'm saying.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Changes will still be made to both tables but just for speed density it will run on that secondary VE table.

I usually just create the graph for the entire primary table and copy over the cells/rows that match for the primary/secondary VE tables so that everything matches. I think you get what I'm saying.
    I gotcha!

So SD primary can only be tuned with MAF enabled

SD secondary is MAF off

SD secondary is only used when MAF is off but any change made to secondary needs to be mirrored in primary

Graph wise one can do all if split up right

I just say that secondary VE table is for MAF off/speed density. Make changes to both tables so that they mirror when the MAF is enabled again. You shouldn't have to make too many changes to the primary VE table again once the MAF is turned back on if everything went well in speed density tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

We're up and running! Thanks Russ, taking that EQ log off cleared up the numbers. I have pulled a little timing now and a little fuel so will rinse and repeat until the secondary VE is good then re enable the MAF and go from there

Thanks for the help

First Drive.hpl