Thread: 5.7 Procharger issue

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar

5.7 Procharger issue

Anyone with more tuning knowledge than me able to take a glance over this? My tuner decided he didn't want to assist and took my $500. I have:
    '12 R/T 5.7
    -Comp 270 cam
    -Ported heads, PSI 1511 springs
    -Long tubes
    -Hellcat injectors (used a Hellcats injector data, idles at 14.5 AFR)
    -P1SC with a 3.3 pulley, (not sure on boost level, I'm at 6200ft)
    -Brisk plugs, 2 steps colder
    -Eagle manifold
    -AEM wide ban
    I used a few tunes on here as a reference but not sure I have it right. I have added a lot of fuel and continuing to add. It can be a little hesitant at 1800 rpm. At wide open I am at 12.5 AFR and my misfires are lighting up like a Christmas tree. Running boost I am unsure if I need to run richer at WOT? Normal driving doesn't seem too bad but once you start to load up on the throttle I get severe misfires. A little unsure if I need to keep adding fuel or if my timing is to advanced. Local shop wants $1,900 to start on the tune, but I am trying to learn myself. Any assistance is greatly apricated.

Working Blower 270 V4.0.hptTB issue.hpl

What is your spark plug gap?

Quote Originally Posted by wadejesu View Post
    What is your spark plug gap?
    I set it to .035 per Prochargers recommendations.

After doing some research I re-gapped to .028 and that made my issue way worse. Running a two step colder plug.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what map sensor you got, check your PM
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Ya, i would be concerned you're running an aftermarket map with stock settings.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by moparsoldier85 View Post
    Anyone with more tuning knowledge than me able to take a glance over this? My tuner decided he didn't want to assist and took my $500. I have:
    '12 R/T 5.7
    -Comp 270 cam
    -Ported heads, PSI 1511 springs
    -Long tubes
    -Hellcat injectors (used a Hellcats injector data, idles at 14.5 AFR)
    -P1SC with a 3.3 pulley, (not sure on boost level, I'm at 6200ft)
    -Brisk plugs, 2 steps colder
    -Eagle manifold
    -AEM wide ban
    I used a few tunes on here as a reference but not sure I have it right. I have added a lot of fuel and continuing to add. It can be a little hesitant at 1800 rpm. At wide open I am at 12.5 AFR and my misfires are lighting up like a Christmas tree. Running boost I am unsure if I need to run richer at WOT? Normal driving doesn't seem too bad but once you start to load up on the throttle I get severe misfires. A little unsure if I need to keep adding fuel or if my timing is to advanced. Local shop wants $1,900 to start on the tune, but I am trying to learn myself. Any assistance is greatly apricated.

Working Blower 270 V4.0.hptTB issue.hpl
    Can you send me a scan of a WOT pull from 2k rpms to Redline? I need to see some data before I can assist.