Thread: IAT and Fuel Trims

IAT and Fuel Trims

I have noticed that when driving in city traffic and my IAT temps get over 100, my fuel trims get really rich. It will increase from averaging -3 to -5 to -8 to -9. When the IAT's cool down, my fuel trims go back to normal. Is there any way to tune this out and prevent the trims from going so rich?
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Going open loop would fix the fuel trims issue but past that with the very crude computers on those cars I don't think anything else can be done.

The -8 to -9 isn't that rich, the computer is more than capable of handling that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Open loop is one solution, but I think I lose some gas mileage if I stay in all the time. The 3800 V6 has been limited from the beginning as to how much we can tune----lots of things we have never had access to tht could be tweaked. Some year models can modify the VE table and get results, and others, like mine, it makes no difference. Just tune the MAF.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors