Thread: 09 v6 Fusion WOT Timing

Tuner in Training

09 v6 Fusion WOT Timing

Im trying to figure out what WOT timing would be. Is it borderline knock, or MBT Spark? Or would i change both to the same values?

I became familiar with my HHRs tune and those parameters but this seems a little more complicated to me. Its not as straight forward i guess. Thanks all.

You have to locate which mapped point it uses under full load. It could be optimum power table, complete guess without looking at your tune.

mp.jpg

Tuner in Training
    This is the file i got. I hope that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Helps a bunch to have the tune, thanks for posting. Yours will use the "Borderline Knock" table as your base spark, it uses the MBT table as an upper limit and the Cylinder Pressure is the absolute maximum spark. To add some to WOT you would want to add to the .90 and 1.0 load rows of your Borderline Knock table. The MBT and Cyl Pressure are sufficiently high that you shouldn't be hitting those limits.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you so much. Ill add a couple degrees from 3000 up and see what happens.

Also do you know if i changed the rpm limit to 6500 the trans would follow? It doesnt show me anything but a blank screen on the transmission page.

I'm not sure if there are limiters in the trans that you can't access. There is a fuel cutoff under Fuel - Cutoff, DFCO, change the Cutoff RPM, Temp RPM and ETC RPM, I usually change the MAF fail RPM under engine diag-airflow also but yours is set to fail at 3200 stock... so I Don't know about changing that one.

Tuner in Training
    Ill do it and see what happens. Im thinkin nothing will happen
    There really isnt anything i can change in the transmission. Thank you.