Thread: idle and system check assistance

Tuner in Training

idle and system check assistance

Things I would like to ask,

with no PRNDL switch does will I ever be able to confirm the idle is in p/n, I tried to add a wire to blue 54(might be another I have a wiring sheet somewhere) to PN to ground to see if it would help for pn safety or indication for the ecu

my desired airflow is always going down but the dynamic stays fairly constant, sometimes my idle desired is really high when it clearly doesnt need the extra, the iac goes to 310, then i burp the throttle a few times and it settles in, i had iac counts around 60ish at idle but i closed the throttle a little bit just to see where it settled in because the idle was high and I wasnt sure it would go down anymore if I didnt close the blade a little.

A/F ratio seems to be good at idle, STFT still at -10.9%, not sure if I should pull some additional out around idle

The car starts ok sometimes after flashing and runs a low idle for a couple seconds then ramps up, is that adaptive idle delay?

I have been working through some of the idle guides, got the wideband displaying in my tables finally, i'd just like to hit some more of the idle stuff before I go driving more, I have put a few miles on it and it drives ok steady state, i think there is some pe and throttle tuning possibly but I was going to go after the VE table for a bit first.

The car/engine
    6.1L lq9 10:1, summit 8706 cam, 113lsa 226 230 @ .050
    4l80e transmission, stock stall, no prndl.
    p01 gen 3 computer, dbc, 3bar os

where would you all go next with this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    working through chopperDocs stuff on the IAC area table which seems to be the most of my issues, ve seems ok vs wideband in all the jackstand tuning areas. I have disabled stft in open loop to re check my ve numbers after posting, im still unsure that the transmission is giving me good data, my log says it was in park at some point but mostly d4 and the commanded was always d1 so who knows, ill come back to the transmission stuff
    '65 Impala wagon-
    6.1L lq9 10.47:1, summit 8706 cam, 113lsa 226/230 @ .050
    4l80e transmission, 3400 stall
    p01 gen 3 computer, dbc, 3bar os, 90mm tb, tbss intake, 1000cc FIC's
    8.88 @ 85 1/8th mile (21 degrees), 4200lbs

-Neurodiverse

Advanced Tuner
    Definitely too much base spark. Doesn't look like that toon file matches the log file either... It doesn't have a lot of what you mentioned. Any more logs?